Quantcast

-#- Sunday gmt -#-

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Up early, fire going. Rice and fried eggs for breakfast, time to bundle up and ride. Currently 34°F. Need another espresso before I'm out the door.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
At work. Might go home and take a nap.

The bike is still creaking badly, but I have no clue from where. Thinking it might be one of the pivots. Probably skip todays ride to sort that out...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
:wave:

Work. Bleh......

Wife wanted to go to Estes Park this coming weekend, pretty sure that's not happening.
Yeah, I don't think I'd recommend it right now.

We can normally see 25 miles to the continental divide out our windows. Visibility this morning is 100 yards, can't tell if it's smoke or cloud yet, hopefully the latter.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Family photos this am. More study this am.

Need to paint the drawer box and face for Haley's desk today. The legs stick out a bit past the desk surface, since they are mounted at an angle (lesson learned). There's a chance I could have to pull the off and re-mount them farther towards the center of they stick out too far and the gap to the wall is too great.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Now there's daylight, it's low cloud giving us 100 yards visibility. Hopefully it burns off. Thinking Floyd this afternoon if it does, was going to ride there yesterday but stayed local instead. @Nick @Full Trucker ride plans for today?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Was going to ride Green Mtn with elder kid but 36 degrees and near-freezing rain changed my mind. We went to the car wash together instead and surprised the rest of the family when we returned home shortly thereafter.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Now there's daylight, it's low cloud giving us 100 yards visibility. Hopefully it burns off. Thinking Floyd this afternoon if it does, was going to ride there yesterday but stayed local instead. @Nick @Full Trucker ride plans for today?
Thinking about riding later, but have made no plans as of right now. The mid-thirty degree temps and spittling/freezing rain are keeping us inside for now as well. I'll ping you later though, I think the financée and I would definitely like to get out. Floyd yesterday was... interesting. super high sustained winds with even higher gusts kept this kid to only doing one lap.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

Hanging out here in muh robe, shorts and ill-fitting shirt. I think I've just become a writer based on this ensemble.

Went to get a COVID test on Sat. I was having a wonderful conversation on Thur. night with my wife about something or other(I dunno...I wasn't paying attention) when out of the ether, every muscle in my back seized upon the opportunity to
begin their assault on my ability to remain vertical. It was immediate barf-city(terrible TV show, BTW) from the intensity of the pain, and I thought "Well....this must be my punishment for not listening to my wife earlier." 16 miserable hours later, I was finally tested, and of course it will be several days before I hear back. Full chills/sweats, headache and every muscle in my back feeling like there was a Ginsu knife stationed directly into it. Been on a course of Vitamin D, C and Elderberry along with asprin...today is the first day I've been able to eat since it started and I feel like I've been in a car wreck. Woof. If this isn't COVID, the flu has now accepted the challenge.

How y'all?

Good Morning!!!

Hanging out here in muh robe, shorts and ill-fitting shirt. I think I've just become a writer based on this ensemble.

Went to get a COVID test on Sat. I was having a wonderful conversation on Thur. night with my wife about something or other(I dunno...I wasn't paying attention) when out of the ether, every muscle in my back seized upon the opportunity to
begin their assault on my ability to remain vertical. It was immediate barf-city(terrible TV show, BTW) from the intensity of the pain, and I thought "Well....this must be my punishment for not listening to my wife earlier." 16 miserable hours later, I was finally tested, and of course it will be several days before I hear back. Full chills/sweats, headache and every muscle in my back feeling like there was a Ginsu knife stationed directly into it. Been on a course of Vitamin D, C and Elderberry along with asprin...today is the first day I've been able to eat since it started and I feel like I've been in a car wreck. Woof. If this isn't COVID, the flu has now accepted the challenge.

How y'all?
Um, best to you, dude!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Family photos were... cold. We've been back for 45min and the girls are just now getting now numb. Just remembered I need to blow out the sprinklers.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Good Morning!!!

How y'all?
Fever again. This sucks.
SARSBOLAIDS!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Good Morning!!!

How y'all?
if you did not know....good people on the internet raised over 30,000 dollars in 24 hours for edfromohio....had some undiagnosed mefical problems and has been living out of his car for six or so months....

get well...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Good Morning!!!

How y'all?
Well. Similar times here. Back in June I got crazy low back pain, that later turned into fever. It was about 2 weeks after I had been out in the world. I got a COVID test after a few days of recovery and it was negative.

A few days ago I had some gnarly low back pain developing after downing time on the stationary bike trainer. Yesterday, I got a chill which turned into a fever roller coaster last night. It may be done already, as I’m back at 98.6. Still back pain though. Also, I had been out in the world a week or two ago.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Well. Similar times here. Back in June I got crazy low back pain, that later turned into fever. It was about 2 weeks after I had been out in the world. I got a COVID test after a few days of recovery and it was negative.

A few days ago I had some gnarly low back pain developing after downing time on the stationary bike trainer. Yesterday, I got a chill which turned into a fever roller coaster last night. It may be done already, as I’m back at 98.6. Still back pain though. Also, I had been out in the world a week or two ago.
Hopefully it’s just the flu and not Covid. Feel better homey.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I actually intended to ride Cub creek, ended up riding CT segment 1 backward from the river to the top and back down. Short great ride.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Good but cold 17 mile ride this morning. Between the temps and the wet leaves and roots a more moderate pace was necessitated. Took the kids to a playground, ran into some other engineers from work, came home and put up some more halloween decorations. Currently grilling bbq chicken and potatoes. Hot tub after kids in bed.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Strangely I have been suffering from mystery back pains. Feels like sore/pulled muscles with no good reason why. No other symptoms so I am chalking it up to getting old.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I actually intended to ride Cub creek, ended up riding CT segment 1 backward from the river to the top and back down. Short great ride.
I tried to rally some folks to do segment 3-2-1 this weekend, had no takers. How's the climb up from the river there? I've heard it's miserable, but those reports generally are coming from people who started in Durango a week and a half prior and haven't slept in 6-8 days.

Lovely ride with Mr. and Mrs. @6thElement and my beautiful bride to be and the Mayor this afternoon. Dunkel in hand, stuffed peppers in the oven, just as @FSM intended.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I tried to rally some folks to do segment 3-2-1 this weekend, had no takers. How's the climb up from the river there? I've heard it's miserable, but those reports generally are coming from people who started in Durango a week and a half prior and haven't slept in 6-8 days.
I mean, not as miserable as Cub Creek would have been! No, it's not bad at all. The cold temps were a bigger problem.
3-2-1 would start at green mtn? Ish? that actually sounds amazing.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Lovely ride with Mr. and Mrs. @6thElement and my beautiful bride to be and the Mayor this afternoon. Dunkel in hand, stuffed peppers in the oven, just as @FSM intended.
That was indeed a splendid time riding bicycles. Mrs Full Trucker to be was killing it.