Quantcast

***///Subaru ///Sunday***

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
you're gonna have to qualify "winter." in these parts, it's long sleeve t, maybe a shell, maybe gloves... :D
It was 27 degrees at the bottom, and the top I rode up a big ol ice slick... Pretty winter-ey for these parts! Beautiful day at Tiger mountain, and linked up the two best trails for a ride I'm pretty stoked on!
image.jpeg

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Sometimes my bike and bed fight over me. Today the bike lost and a nap was taken. I did manage to get four rides in this week so I don't feel too bad about not riding. Rain the next three days though..

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I didn't ride but have Thai takeout nonetheless.

Mariko fell asleep after reciting He Bear, She Bear a million times, just before I got to the Thai place. I risked her waking up confused and let her be. This proved to be the winning move: I'm parked on the street in front of our house, letting her snooze peacefully some more.

Funny thing about this restaurant is that it was recommended on the local board. By chance it was where I got Thai on my interview trip here, back in December 2013.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
So as long as we're both bored, on N193JB yesterday, a 2005 Embraer ERJ190, I found that the buckle side of the seat belt was incorrectly installed - required that the belt be twisted 180 degrees in order to buckle. This isn't the first time I have encountered this. Why?
Lazziness. You should bring it up, they have to fix it. If you take pictures of it and bring it to the FAA after the fact, they'll go after the airline for civil penalties. They are supposed to inspect their airplanes to find this kind of stuff and make sure all the seatbelts and seats are serviceable.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Take it up to Summit Auto in Aurora. New head gasket and all upper seals for $1500-ish IIRC.
This is where i took the Lesbaru. Best Subie shop around. All they do are Subaru. They've converted one JG block into a diesel turbo, have an RSTi conversion time trial car, etc. They know their isht and are pretty damned cheap.