Quantcast

***///Subaru ///Sunday***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I did my part as a good citizen of consumerville and got my new winter jacket at 20% off. Wife is up next tomorrow. Hopefully both jackets will last a long time.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
heaters on, coffee is brewing and it's 28* outside.....I think I will not be wearing shorts today. Heading out shortly to go check out my wife's new horse. 5 month old colt that got delivered from the breeder two days ago. Then it's off to Lodi Archery to look at some compound bows followed by a stop at Bass Pro.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I did my part as a good citizen of consumerville and got my new winter jacket at 20% off. Wife is up next tomorrow. Hopefully both jackets will last a long time.
I'm mostly biding my time until after closing but I pulled the trigger on the processor for my new gaming computer build this morning.

As of this afternoon I will have/will be in the mail: processor, case, SSD #1, SSD #2, Windows 10 ISO. Still a few things missing from that list to make a complete machine. :D

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Headed out for a chilly MTB ride with a good friend, then watch the Seahawks dominate the steelers.

Considering just bringing the full face since it's so freakin cold.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i took the brothers pooch to the whitewater park....fucker thinks he is a badass growling at dogs while hiding behind me

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
8AM ride in sub-30F temps. Yesterday rain + overnight chill -> interesting riding conditions.
This.
Followed my buddy into a series of bridges at a good clip.
Both were covered in black ice and we both ate shit hard on the second which has a turn in it.
Hematoma the size of an orange on my hip.
Nothing icing down my liver with beers won't fix.

First ride on the michelins. Great tires, though I need to drop a few psi.
The 100% Brisker gloves were also good stuff.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
A few repetitions of this is what convinced me that studded tires are a Good Thing.
I agree, nothing beats studs on ice.
That said, we ride so much exposed rock i prefer sticky rubber, no brakes and thinking good thoughts.

Today was a total crapshoot traction-wise.
Dry and fast on the ridgelines and wet/icy in the hollows.
Made for an entertaining day.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I agree, nothing beats studs on ice.
That said, we ride so much exposed rock i prefer sticky rubber, no brakes and thinking good thoughts.

Today was a total crapshoot traction-wise.
Dry and fast on the ridgelines and wet/icy in the hollows.
Made for an entertaining day.
I got trails covered with off-camber roots. Those were either icy and slippery, or wet and slippery. Made for a lot of fun.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Take it up to Summit Auto in Aurora. New head gasket and all upper seals for $1500-ish IIRC.
No. Fuck that car, and fuck Subaru. I had a lift gate support rod break out of the structure of the gate years ago, the interior is falling apart, a timing belt bearing crapped out at 72k miles, and now I'm pretty sure the a head has given out at <130k miles. The only two options left for that car are trade/sell, or push it in a ditch and set it on fire.

Edit: Oh yea, it also has a grenade where the passenger side airbag belongs, that I still haven't received any notification about when Subaru might replace it.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
No. Fuck that car, and fuck Subaru. I had a lift gate support rod break out of the structure of the gate years ago, the interior is falling apart, a timing belt bearing crapped out at 72k miles, and now I'm pretty sure the a head has given out at <130k miles. The only two options left for that car are trade/sell, or push it in a ditch and set it on fire.

Edit: Oh yea, it also has a grenade where the passenger side airbag belongs, that I still haven't received any notification about when Subaru might replace it.
I can see where you'really comin' from, mah man... I would recommend the 2nd option for sure. :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Is anyone missing peanut butter? It seems to have all accumulated on the trails here.

The ride today was a total write-off. Just going straight was a challenge and pedaling meant an immediate excursion into the rhubarb, every time. It was fun, but not fun at the same time. I had to hike up every hill because of no traction. Being hit in the face/head with mud coming up from your back tire and over the helmet was entertaining, though.

@Pesqueeb that really blows regarding the Subaru. :( Mine hasn't complained........yet.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
More shopping bonanza. Rug for the kitchen table our downstairs neighbors should be happy. Had this planned for a long time so getting 20% off was nice.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Rode in the snow today, was fun but muddy because it's San Diego. Got home and had to evict a homeless guy living under my tree.