Quantcast

Subaru BRZ

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Apparently an awesome car along with the scion but everyone says how underpowered they are ...Toybaru will have am answer to that soon..

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
There is rumor of an STI version. As for power there are tuners who are already making changes to get 20-30% more power. Not cheap, but they are doing it. P&L has done a turbo conversion that is putting down 400whp. Which is insane given it's a 150whp stock car.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
There is rumor of an STI version. As for power there are tuners who are already making changes to get 20-30% more power. Not cheap, but they are doing it. P&L has done a turbo conversion that is putting down 400whp. Which is insane given it's a 150whp stock car.
goodbye head gasket and drivetrain.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Meh, Joe paid $16k, 430hp stock, 25mpg, fun to drive, parts is cheap.

<edit> It has pretty good acceleration, too.

+$2K for new shoes.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Totally I have never bought a new car. Well then start shopping plenty of GTRs on cars.com and take me on a drive when you get it. If had my own garage I would have bought on for sure.

Totally I have never bought a new car. Well then start shopping plenty of GTRs on cars.com and take me on a drive when you get it. If had my own garage I would have bought on for sure.

i'd let you drive it and teach me how to drive stick. i know how to do it in theory but never actually done it.

my dirtbike is obviously manual...i figure if i can handle that, i can do it in a car.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
The BRZ isn't supposed to be super fast. It's supposed to be fun to drive and handle really well and be affordable.
If you want fast, buy an STI.
RWD with perfect weight distribution a really low center of gravity. That's what the BRZ is all about.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
The BRZ isn't supposed to be super fast. It's supposed to be fun to drive and handle really well and be affordable.
If you want fast, buy an STI.
RWD with perfect weight distribution a really low center of gravity. That's what the BRZ is all about.
so the reviews seem to say. here in LA, I'm keen to think it a fun car to drive, since "fast" is never an option. although, quick acceleration would be a nice bonus. however, i think the mpg "feature" would poop away quickly if they gave it more guts off the line. i don't care about top speed, as long as it can get to 85.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Paging Toshi to the white courtesy phone......
I haven't driven one, actually. I sat in one in a dealership with a full-face helmet on, that's all. :rofl:

heard they will be coming out with STI version. i am awaiting that.

trying to convince my wife to let me buy a sports car. my list in no particular order...
1)subaru brz
2)MB CLA
3)M3
4)S4
5)370Z
6)nissan GTR
7)wrx sti
Looks like your list is very much as mine was. I thought I'd like that kind of car at this stage in my life, since I liked sporty/sports cars when I was younger. Turns out I'm more of a crank as I get older, and said cars don't really push my buttons any more.

Having a low value, occasional use sporty car (Acura 3.2 CL Type S, in my case) around is good enough for me, even though that car wouldn't have won any magazine-racing wars even when new.

Roll it nao?
:thumb:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Roll it nao?
:rofl:

His has a better stance and less prone to jackasses like me. But my $4k POS had chased those tail lights many a time, I can attest to it's acceleration.

I would be hard pressed to find a funner car to drive than my $4k POS, though. I got WAY more than $4k of fun out of it and the insurance payout was more than 2x what I paid. Not to mention my back has never been better. :)

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I haven't driven one, actually. I sat in one in a dealership with a full-face helmet on, that's all. :rofl:

Looks like your list is very much as mine was. I thought I'd like that kind of car at this stage in my life, since I liked sporty/sports cars when I was younger. Turns out I'm more of a crank as I get older, and said cars don't really push my buttons any more.

Having a low value, occasional use sporty car (Acura 3.2 CL Type S, in my case) around is good enough for me, even though that car wouldn't have won any magazine-racing wars even when new.

:thumb:
That is a good point. I would ad that a convertible is fun too. Really enjoy driving my friends convertible 911. All out speed and cornering is not the only thing that make up a fun driving experience.