Quantcast

Sram/Avid Matchmaker with Twist Shifter?

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Apparently I'm one of the last humans on earth running twist shifters, so I realize this is a shot in the dark . . . Anyway . . .

On Sram's website, it lists the X.0 and X.9 twist shifters as being "Matchmaker compatible". Can anyone enlighten me on how this works?? I've been scouring the internet for pics, but I can't see a way that you could possibly connect an Avid brake lever directly to a twist shifter (or vice versa).

--JP

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
The matchmaker mates the brake lever with the shifter. the back of the lever comes off, and you bolt on the shifter in its place. It works perfectly and actually got my shifter in the right place for my small hands.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
I've seen the trigger shifter + brake lever matchmaker before and always thought it was cool, that's why I was hoping that there was a twist shifter + brake lever matchmaker. Unfortunately, I think you're probably right, Toby. It's just an error on Sram's site. Bummer! It would be sick if they made some sort of mechanism that put the ever-shorter brake levers in an easier reach position for those of us still doing the twist!

--JP

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
The matchmaker mates the brake lever with the shifter. the back of the lever comes off, and you bolt on the shifter in its place. It works perfectly and actually got my shifter in the right place for my small hands.
Ah, yes, but does it work with a twist shifter? I think nawt.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Wait, you've got small hands?
So sailor, looking for a date?