Quantcast

southeast photo thread

Feb 13, 2005
NC
Connor with a tuck no hander on the big lip at crabtree...

Oh yeah, he rides mountain bikes too...Bullit's wall ride...Mike's place is awesome BTW...

Step down...

Step up...

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Took Mason to the skate park Sat night and boy is Mason really starting to rip it there. I guess now that I have a bike to ride with him has helped....

Hitting multiple lines and dropping in on the 6ft box now!!!!

Video:
HPIM0724 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1174/4593577207_6a0251a647_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@4593577207@@AMEPARAM@@6a0251a647
HPIM0725 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3300/4594240850_06ee7cc84e_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@4594240850@@AMEPARAM@@06ee7cc84e
Pics:

So proud of him!!!

Cecil:thumb:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
^^

Bad azz pix.

But, this is for Moto...

Not exactly pallets Moto, but I think you would be pleased with how terrible this is. Needless to say, this beauty of a ramp was constructed out of nothing but 100% organic lumber and "recycled" materials (i.e. main runners are dead cedar, posts are cedar from the same tree, rungs are from rotting fence boards I found, backside of "lander" = old 55 gallon drums I also found, and I pulled up metal silt fence posts to add to extra stability - even tho the tops of them still protrude somewhat into the actual ramp surface). I did eventually add the cheap plywood layer on top as I discovered the rungs were spaced too far apart to carry much speed, which resulted in me leaving a manly dent in one of the barrels upon a classic Buchan 60/40 case job. I proudly refer to is as the worlds worst hip jump. Again, I think you would approve of the sketch factor and poor craftsmenship I am renowned for. If it makes you feel any better, I did use old pallets on my trail, but only for mud crossing fodder. Once I sold the Bullit, I had to step up to the real :D

Hope all is well in the PNW, as we've been following your trials and tribulations up there. Uncle Rob sends his best, and don't forget ya got a place to stay in Whis if need be.

Last edited:

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Hope all is well in the PNW, as we've been following your trials and tribulations up there. Uncle Rob sends his best, and don't forget ya got a place to stay in Whis if need be.
That is classic Buchan style right there! Yeah I've been in touch with Rob, staying with him in 3 weeks for a big ole race at whistler actually. Might try to drag him off the mtn to ride some other stuff in bc too. Hey tell him he needs to hurry up and buy a helicopter. I mean really, it's aboot time. :D

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
That is classic Buchan style right there! Yeah I've been in touch with Rob, staying with him in 3 weeks for a big ole race at whistler actually. Might try to drag him off the mtn to ride some other stuff in bc too. Hey tell him he needs to hurry up and buy a helicopter. I mean really, it's aboot time. :D
Wonder if Rob would adopt a 37 year old?:think:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Had Bent Creek all to myself yesterday afternoon. It was hero dirt. The trails were so dry they just soaked up all the mist. Fast, tacky and not a soul in sight. Thanks to everybody who stayed home! :D

Pic for content:

Jun 11, 2004
This past weekend a dream became a reality! Been wanting a pump track at the house for a long time. Between not having the knowledge OR the time I realized I needed some help....major help! :lol: HUGE THANKS to Chris Herndon and Danny for building this pump track in one day....yes ONE DAY! Chris and Danny started about 8am on Saturday and we were riding by 3pm. Couldn't be more stoked! Here are some pics:

Before shot:

After shot:

After shot:

Matt came over this afternoon to help break it in. The design and the flow of the track was spot on..........Matt was turning laps on a bike with no chain or brakes!

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2004
Some pics of Ryan on the new track. Its amazing how much faster he is riding the track in just two days. He has now logged over 103 laps in two days.....I know this because he counts them off everytime he goes around! :rofl:

greengreer

Monkey
Apr 27, 2008
NC
Man we need to get this guy involved with the rocky knob park in Boone
Sorry to get off topic but what's the low down on this rocky knob business? Is this the land near the landfill that they were talking about attaching up to the greenway?

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Sorry to get off topic but what's the low down on this rocky knob business? Is this the land near the landfill that they were talking about attaching up to the greenway?
Correct...500,000 dollar grant has been obtained to start construction on what is proposed to be over 10 miles of singletrack in on rocky knob adjacent to the old landfill. Apparently we should see phase 1 done by fall in order for the grant to hold.

Myself and Folsom doing some testing on the new track at Hawksnest.

Last edited:

greengreer

Monkey
Apr 27, 2008
NC
Correct...500,000 dollar grant has been obtained to start construction on what is proposed to be over 10 miles of singletrack in on rocky knob adjacent to the old landfill. Apparently we should see phase 1 done by fall in order for the grant to hold.

Wow that's great! Last I had heard that project was going to be a much longer process.

I'm gonna try to make it to the Hawsknest race on the 5th and 6th , can't race yet but I definitely wanna check out all the work you guys have been cranking out.