Quantcast

southeast photo thread

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Nice Charlie...
Are you guys riding the jumps right now...or are they too wet? I'd love to come and ride some of the trails one weekend soon. Let me know...i'll bring the camera.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
some shots from CP today. the VA boys came to visit and seemed to have a good time :thumb:

mikeT

josh

mikeT's bike

...and noah had some firsts today. he cleared the first double :D

danW, being a good soccer mom, runs after noah to give him his lunch money...but it was too late :D

he was rockin' the stepdown

and one of the newer doubles

and then found a sweet drop

thanks VA boys for coming out! hope ya'll come back :thumb: :D

TCP21

Monkey
May 13, 2005
Greensboro, NC
nice work guys had alot of fun. VA boys anytime your coming down again post again and we will try to get a lot more people out/ more locals

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
manimal said:
and then found a sweet drop
Look how calculated he looks on that drop. i guarantee if you took a pic of me on that drop I would look more scared than he does. This kid amazes me.

EDIT: on second though, Josh looks more scared in the bacckground than Noah does on the drop!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
escapeartist said:
EDIT: on second though, Josh looks more scared in the bacckground than Noah does on the drop!
nah...that's just the pink shirt. wearing pink tends to do that to people :D

on the drop....you and i can see the landing upon approach, noah can't see it until he hits it.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
manimal said:
on the drop....you and i can see the landing upon approach, noah can't see it until he hits it.
I believe it. It looks like theres a little (3in) drop before the bigger one, It really amazing that he was able to hit it and not nose in because of the little drop. He's getting really good.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
escapeartist said:
I believe it. It looks like theres a little (3in) drop before the bigger one, It really amazing that he was able to hit it and not nose in because of the little drop. He's getting really good.
he went with us last week on our urban ride at UNCG. we were launching off one of the fountain walls...about 2-3' drop but the ledge has a bump right when you hit it. he saw us hitting it and started in toward it...ready to launch it but i had to stop him because i was sure he'd nose over after his little wheel hit that dip. he was SOOOO upset "why can't I do it if you guys are doing it".

next time i'll find a thin board to cover up the dip and let him rail it :thumb:

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
It was really good meeting everyone on saturday, and thanks for the hospitality! Good times! Thanks for everyone who has put in work there, that spot is alot of fun, I can only see it getting better.

I didn't really take anytime to take pictures, but I gave MikeT the camera and he went crazy with the photos, a few of the berm shots I thought turned out pretty good....

bad with names but I think it was Daniel, something about oil of olay

Noah was definitley rippin it up all day, clearing doubles, sticking drops, step downs, he's all over it, it was crazy to see that kid ride, he's awesome.

Nick getting a little roosty

some fat kid on a bike, me!

I'll get the rest of the pics up and post a link..... those just seemed to turn out good, thanks MikeT

edit: link: http://www.freeride.org.vt.edu/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=90

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Sommore Country Park pictures from today (2/26). It was windy as hell, but we made the best of things. Here some pics. Photobucket is shriking them too much so I will try to fix that as post the rest ASAP.

Motomike throwing down on his new Demo 8...

Me trying to whip and be like Motomike.

Bob going crazy with his bike.

Me layin out over the Main Table.

Me hitting a new line. Hip into the berm.

Me with a Fufanu.

Then Bob and I tried some footplants. We didn't really succeed, but we were getting close.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
metalhead119042 said:
nice pictures man. i've never tried the footplants but they seem hard just thinking about it. You got any pictures of noah hitting some doubles?
nah, we didnt make it out yesterday. perhaps next weekend....especially if the weather turns out like they're saying

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Castle said:
bad with names but I think it was Daniel, something about oil of olay
that pic is awesome! much better color than my crappy camera.

thanks for the pics of noah, he had such a great time :thumb: i sure wish i could pedal through the berm like that :cool:

edit: i just realized that pic was from the run where danW and i switched bikes :D

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
metalhead119042 said:
i've never tried the footplants but they seem hard just thinking about it.
They are really not as hard as you think, but on a 26" bike it works a lot better if you try it on something with a sharp and steep lip.

Jun 11, 2004
T-Pirate said:
some pisgah pictures.
Those are some sweet shots Andrew!

Here is a scenery shot from a Paris Mtn. ride I did Monday evening. Camera angle stolen from Cecil.........ha ha!

And yes, my photography skills need a lot of work...........

meatboot

Monkey
Jul 28, 2004
Chapel Hell
Some screen caputures from AA yesterday.

The jumps needed some love before they could be ridden . . . BDSM love that is.

dogboy was killing it

After seriously overcooking this drop last time, I think Suboptimus and I have it dialed now.

dogboy hit it for the first time, and styled it to boot

Of course there's a price to pay: kersnap.

What the hell?

Max was so excited he just couldn't hide it.

More here.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
T-Pirate said:
Wanna meet up and ride pisgah soon? We gotta get some work in if we're gonna shred the mountains all next year.
yeah man. How about next weekend? I'll be out of school for spring break, so I can make it epic if needed. I'm down for whatever man. You guys know the good stuff.

edit: It's so on next year. urban shuttling is gonna be the new hotness.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
escapeartist said:
App: not just for potheads anymore

I plan on fully exploiting all that Boone has to offer. I spent last weekend up there and the place is tight.

Mike, I'm def in for pisgah next weekend, I think me and james are camping up there. I'll probably be up there this saturday too providing we're not too busy getting the spot cleaned up before the feds get us.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
T-Pirate said:
I plan on fully exploiting all that Boone has to offer. I spent last weekend up there and the place is tight.

Mike, I'm def in for pisgah next weekend, I think me and james are camping up there. I'll probably be up there this saturday too providing we're not too busy getting the spot cleaned up before the feds get us.
ok I'm fully down with some camping action. What's this deal about the feds? They're starting to bother you guys out there? I'll holla at you next week and get the word for next weekend.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
motomike said:
ok I'm fully down with some camping action. What's this deal about the feds? They're starting to bother you guys out there? I'll holla at you next week and get the word for next weekend.
The GSP airport police found the spot. its about 75% demolished right now and has to be gone by monday.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Never having even been there, but hearing about it from Motomike and others I now really regret not making it down. My condollences...few things in biking suck worse than having your stuff plowed...

untitledsince89 said:
dang that drop looks pretty massive from that angle, how big is it
Prolly 10 down, 15 out. Tranny is really sniper as I and others have discovered... :dead: