Quantcast

southeast photo thread

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
It was almost a washout with the whole pouring rain the whole drive up thing, but we worked it out. Since we didnt' want to trash any trails, we just chose the rockiest trail we knew and rode that. We drove up to the base of Pilot Rock trail, and since we were low on time we just hiked up the descent then turned around at the top. It was nice and wet but the trail is literally almost all rocks so no worries. Heres some cool pictures.

Looking glass falls, notice all the rain on my lens.

The bikes were soaked by the time we unloaded but the rain had stopped.

We took pictures on all the cool sections as we hiked up, so this tour is bottom to top for those of you that have ridden pilot.

This is a really cool rock section. Pisgah is awesome.

we got higher up and it started to get really foggy, it was really cool up there.

Lots of bare rock up there on pilot.

The mist pictures were taken way up near the top of pilot rock, so from there we descended down through all the other stuff on the trail. Its one of my favorites.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
downhill66 said:
cant ride 4 2 weaks cuz i snuck out of my house and went 2 a new years party in g burrow, John
Let me help you guys with some grammar!

I can't ride for two weeks because I snuck out of my house and went two a New Years party in Greensboro

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
from what i understand, there wasnt much sneakiness involved. More like, you just up and left. Smooth. Sounds like your pretty lucky with the whole 2 weeks no riding thing. I think if I were your parent I probably would have just kicked your ass. Not just because you snuck out, but mostly cause you did such a bad job of it.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Salami said:
Ummm.....no.

IMBA built it with the heavy equipment they brought in. The wooden deck sticking out of the trees they built to. They also built this jump which is in line directly with the lander to the drop. The had everything to do with building that drop as it did not exist before they got there.

For a bit of height reference of the drop, that is my friend Taro standing next to the lander and he is 6' 1" or 6' 2".
found some pics on www.freeridesouth.com of the new stuff at santos. looks like i'll be heading there my next time in FL instead of the TOE. santos has a better fun/danger ratio than the TOE (me not good at skinnies in the stratosphere....i'll take a big wide drop anyday)

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
pix from the planet zod's ride this weekend. photos taken by local photo pro and dirt rag consultant, Rich D of an impromptu barrel jump to tranny we threw together...

wayne whippin':

benzmonkey doin' to proverbial bar hump:

me gettin' swerve ways:

Wayne no footer:

Wayne boostin:

more pix here...

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
nice nice pics
Aaron, yea if I snuck-walked out I would have been grounded for a hell of a lot longer than 2 weeks. Next time actually try to make up a good excuse to where your going to. Or make a better exit kkk?

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
ridetoofast said:
did that black sabbath heavy metal type band do a song called Fairies Wear Boots???

Goin' home, late last night
suddenly I got a fright
Yeah I looked throught the window and surprised what I saw
Fairy boots were dancin' with a dwarf, all right now!

Fairies wear boots and you gotta believe me
yeah I saw it, I saw it, I tell you no lies
Yeah Fairies wear boots and you gotta believe me
I saw it, I saw it with my own two eyes, well all right now!

So I went to the doctor, see what he could give me
he said "Son, son, you've gone too far.
'cause smokin' and trippin' is all that you do."