Quantcast

Somebody in my office just handed me a ****ing prayer card

Tru

Chimp
Dec 13, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Originally posted by Damn True
Geez Ton, sounds like someone thinks highly enough of you to care about your salvation.

What a hardship that must be for you. My sympathy.
No joke. She was just doing what most sweet old ladies do. I'd hate to see his response if someone tried to give him a hug.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I used to get annoyed when I recieved them in lieu of tips when I was waiting tables, but someone simply giving me one is a couple of steps below recycling junk mail on my list of nuisances.

I wouldn't let it chafe my balls if I were you, Ton.

edit: typo

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by ohio
I used to get annoyed when I recieved them in leu of tips when I was waiting tables
That is so fvcking low and cheap. So much for it being hard for a rich man to enter heaven, eh?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by MMike
Unlikely....but I'm sure he cares about your halibut....
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
I prefer salmon:cool:
me too. I had sushi tonight... yummy!

and HE can have my halibut. I prefer cod for my fish and chips.

(thanks for playing :) )

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Originally posted by Silver
That is so fvcking low and cheap. So much for it being hard for a rich man to enter heaven, eh?
Wait a second...these cards can be used as currency? Then i want LOTS of them. One day I hope to find a job that pays me 100 000 prayer cards a year....

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Mmike is back with his dry Canadian wit - yippee!

I'm guessing it's because he can't reply to threads on hcor though.

to the religious recruiters: Pick on someone who hasn't formed their opinions in life. Pick on someone your own size. (not related to the preceding sentence). Pick on the young and impressionable or those having a life crisis. I'd guess that's all that Ton was saying.

Aug 13, 2002
sandy beaches of O.C.
Im a bit troubled,,,tring to help someone (even if you dont see it that way, but thats what she is doing) is like picking on someone, perhaps you dont want to believe in God, hey thats your choice, just tell her that.

If she was sticking a pencil in your ear or stealing your lunch money or something of the sort, thats picking on someone, then you might have something to gripe about.

Its abit hard to imagine a little old lady bulling you around and beating you over the head with a witnessing track:D

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Originally posted by BlackhillsBob
Im a bit troubled,,,tring to help someone (even if you dont see it that way, but thats what she is doing) is like picking on someone, perhaps you dont want to believe in God, hey thats your choice, just tell her that.

If she was sticking a pencil in your ear or stealing your lunch money or something of the sort, thats picking on someone, then you might have something to gripe about.

Its abit hard to imagine a little old lady bulling you around and beating you over the head with a witnessing track:D
It's just as painful, annoying and outta line as the pencil in the ear. HELP? Says you.

Originally posted by mrbigisbudgood
I'd tell the offending person about it as a first warning. Then start making Satan/Athiest (better yet, Church of Rotating Mass :thumb: ) cards and pass them on if it doesn't stop.
misnomer... satan and god are opposites on the same plane in other words, being an atheist, a non beliver in god or gods, also means not believing in devils satans or demons.

other wise he would be a 'theist' of satan

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
i think mrbigisbudgood wasn't suggesting that athetist and satanic were synonymous, but simply "opposites" of Christian.

which is kinda funny.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Actually the date was chosen because there were essentially, no religous holidays in the middle of winter, supposedly Jesus was born sometime in July. Give the Germans credit for that one.
Originally posted by BarbaRosa
not pickin on you but wrong again, solstice has always been a time of celibration in Pagen life
I heard, and i'm serious, that Christians choose that time for marketing reasons to give pagans another choice :D

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Originally posted by LordOpie
not pickin on you but wrong again, solstice has always been a time of celibration in Pagen life

I heard, and i'm serious, that Christians choose that time for marketing reasons to give pagans another choice :D
[/QUOTE]

I have heard that the Christian church basically hijacked a pagan festival and gave it a Christian basis. Good way to subvert pagan festivals really.

Ever wonder why Easter is linked to the moon?

[/QUOTE]

wasnt it more specifically to bring the celtic pics and britons into the fold? ... which is ironic cause later the irish monks where responsible for recording shi-te in books for future generations when the folks of the dark ages where causing all sorts of mumbo jumbo inthe name of the papel church.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
misnomer... satan and god are opposites on the same plane in other words, being an atheist, a non beliver in god or gods, also means not believing in devils satans or demons.

other wise he would be a 'theist' of satan
So Athiest/Satan would suggest the same thing just like on/off/monentary on? This / doesn't mean "identical to".

Why does everybody have to be so freakin picky? This isn't an English class.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Why does everybody have to be so freakin picky?
Hopefully the only anal people you know are here. My roommate's always correcting me. Rather annoying. Especially since she's right only half the time.

Ouisie

Chimp
Dec 17, 2002
Bethlehem, PA.
Originally posted by Tenchiro
Not beleiving in god makes you an athiest like living in Houston makes you a Texan.

Now thems some fightin words there..

I was born and raised in Houston. I don't own a cowboy hat or a piar of boots nor do I own an oil well or even a cactus..

I too have my own beliefs and don't like other people pushing there beliefs on me. I don't think prayer belongs in school and I damn sure don't like that the dayv\care that keeps my 8 year old makes them say a prayer before eating their snack. We have told my son to be respectful and quiet while this happens if he chooses not to pray. My kids ask all kinds of questions and they are answered the best way we can and as honestly as we can.

My Mom is Jewish therefore we teach the kids her holidays so they understand.

So Athiest/Satan would suggest the same thing just like on/off/monentary on? This / doesn't mean "identical to".

Why does everybody have to be so freakin picky? This isn't an English class.
huh? My point is that A-Thiest means non believer of any spiritual good bad happy sad heaven hell any of that stuff that is not of the imperical world.

If you believe in satan, you are of the ' theist ' catagory.... you believe in

so point is that atheist is not a if you dont believe in god you must believe in satan cause in ORDER to be a satanist you must like the idea of evil better then good, an atheist just does not believe, period.

agnostic believes but thinks the ability to prove by imperical means is just not possible

when anyone gets into these KIND of threads, it is about english class shtuff cause it is all about definitions and translations

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
huh? My point is that A-Thiest means non believer of any spiritual good bad happy sad heaven hell any of that stuff that is not of the imperical world.

If you believe in satan, you are of the ' theist ' catagory.... you believe in

so point is that atheist is not a if you dont believe in god you must believe in satan cause in ORDER to be a satanist you must like the idea of evil better then good, an atheist just does not believe, period.

agnostic believes but thinks the ability to prove by imperical means is just not possible

when anyone gets into these KIND of threads, it is about english class shtuff cause it is all about definitions and translations
Go back in the thread and see who pulled out the definition of "athiest".

In context.......

Athiest Card - no belief whatsoever

Satan Card - the opposite of the card given to Tony

Athiest, slash meaning "or", Satan

Picky picky picky picky picky picky picky picky

BTW.....Einstien was and still is a genius.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
huh? My point is that A-Thiest means ...
good lord man. mrbigisbudgood got your point -- not that it was needed as he understood before you enlightened him. His point is that you're a grammar-nazi.

Basically, you're arguing with him over a slash ("/")!

And I'm telling you now, wtf was Chicago thinking by getting Kordell "Slash" Stewart??!? Everyone needs to just drop this silly slash discussion. Hmm, wait, I'd rather have "Slash" than Brian Griese. :D

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN

And I'm telling you now, wtf was Chicago thinking by getting Kordell "Slash" Stewart??!? Everyone needs to just drop this silly slash discussion. Hmm, wait, I'd rather have "Slash" than Brian Griese. :D
Me too dammit.

The Bears should draft leftwich, and let Kordell teach him for the first two years.

I predict the bears in playoffs this year, superbowl next

good lord man. mrbigisbudgood got your point -- not that it was needed as he understood before you enlightened him. His point is that you're a grammar-nazi.

Basically, you're arguing with him over a slash ("/")!

(tim the toolman voice)
aaawwwwuuugh

my mistake, i missed that the slash ("/") was analagous to "therefore"

and really i am not anal....

i am just board
more then half the office took today off...

why the iraq am i here!

Longarm500

Chimp
Mar 25, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
....I have missed so much conversation not being on RM......waitaminute...I can't say OMFG. I'm an atheist also!!! I also do not like anyone's beliefs pushed on me, but, will reserve their right to believe and not push mine on them. It's a matter of mutual respect. :rolleyes:

Triphop

Chimp
Sep 10, 2002
i think mrbigisbudgood wasn't suggesting that athetist and satanic were synonymous, but simply "opposites" of Christian.

which is kinda funny.
eh, well Satanism has nothing to do with "satan" in the Christian sense. From what i have been told (I have not read it) Anton LeVey, the author of the Satanic Bible, never even mentions Satan. It is more philosophy of satsfying your self indulgence.

So the preconceived notion of Satanism as worshipping the devil is false. Just an FYI. :p