Quantcast

Snowshoe #1

JKS

Chimp
Feb 26, 2008
Anyone have any information on Snowshoe #1 yet? Most of my friends that are there do not have any phone signal. Looks to me like its going to be another muddy race.

JKS

Chimp
Feb 26, 2008
Its only a matter of time now to get some info, the race is over, the awards ceremony is over, damn I wish I was there to race this weekend gas prices suck.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
results unofficial from andy devault...

1. herndon
2. neko (less than a second off)
3. lowry (maybe?)
4. ethan quell

dry track during the race; good to see 2 juniors way up there

Last edited:

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
it was dry and dusty in places saturday. It rained hard that afternoon and during the night, but it looked real tacky by the time the amateur and elite categories went.

Snowshoe was a bum weekend for me. I piled hard into a bathtub sized rock on my 2nd practice run and wasn't able to walk until later that evening (if you saw someone in the unicycle casket basket, that was more than likely me). So then Sunday I just did some easy riding with my friends since I couldn't pedal hard or dab and ended up snapping all but one of my driveside spokes in my i9 wheels where they thread into the hub.

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Not only was Neko that close, but it looked like he had a little spill after you come out into the open going across the ski slope close to the finish.

Also, ?????, if that was you that was in that little unicycle basket thing at the rocks getting wheeled away as a guy in a green shirt piled hard in the exact same spot, then I saw you. I wasn't the guy that crashed, but I was riding with him. He was ok, hoped you weren't too hurt as well.

stoneysnake

Monkey
May 24, 2002
easy living, wv
elite-

men
1. chris herndon
2. neko mullaly
3. ben hulse
4. ethan quehl
5. adam raphael
6. tim price
7. trevyn newpher
8. scott lowry
9. jason brown
10. chuck pitts

women
1. lauren petersen
2. ellen adams
3. rae gandolf
4. susan haywood
5. amanda pilling
6. heather brennan

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Not only was Neko that close, but it looked like he had a little spill after you come out into the open going across the ski slope close to the finish.

Also, ?????, if that was you that was in that little unicycle basket thing at the rocks getting wheeled away as a guy in a green shirt piled hard in the exact same spot, then I saw you. I wasn't the guy that crashed, but I was riding with him. He was ok, hoped you weren't too hurt as well.
ha, yea that was me. I saw him plant into the rock and later saw him up in the first aid building.

Neko pretty much came to a stop right before the last turn. I thought he was just going really slow and having a bad run. I was blown away when he crossed the line with a time faster than everyone else at that point.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
elite-

men
1. chris herndon
2. neko mullaly
3. ben hulse
4. ethan quehl
5. adam raphael
6. tim price
7. trevyn newpher
8. scott lowry
9. jason brown
10. chuck pitts

women
1. lauren petersen
2. ellen adams
3. rae gandolf
4. susan haywood
5. amanda pilling
6. heather brennan
hey there...captain of the duff...what were the times? :D

Oh..and can someone report what borrowed bike Neko rode this weekend?

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco

Winning times were within a second of 5:21... sorry I can't be more accurate, that's all I remember from glancing at the times.

Neko was riding a Decline Team America Demo 8.

stoneysnake

Monkey
May 24, 2002
easy living, wv

hahaha neko rode a crf250r

elite-

men
1. chris herndon 5.20.07
2. neko mullaly 5.21.55
3. ben hulse 5.22.67
4. ethan quehl 5.23.68
5. adam raphael 5.29.66
6. tim price 5.33.05
7. trevyn newpher 5.34.44
8. scott lowry 5.35.42
9. jason brown 5.36.22
10. chuck pitts 5.40.98

women
1. lauren petersen 6.51.96
2. ellen adams 7.06.28
3. rae gandolf 7.11.42
4. susan haywood 7.13.11
5. amanda pilling 7.13.27
6. heather brennan 7.51.40

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Neko rides Specialized now. He has all sorts of new specialized bikes.

Props to Ben as well. He hurt his ankle on Friday and didn't do any runs at all after that till his race run, then came 3rd!

I'm bummed I had a mechanical on my run. I was doing pretty well until I couldn't pedal!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
What's with all the borrowed bikes? I heard he was on a Morewood at the Open? Doesn't he ride Rocky anymore?
his dad was the rocky distributor but something happened. He didn't say what but he did say Rocky did this weird thing of showing up AT HIS HOUSE and took back his prototype frame, etc unannounced. Then promised him they'd send him a stock bike in a few weeks.:shocked:

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Yeah, I've met Joe a few times, nice guy. Het actually let a friend and I crash at his house for SS#2 last year.

Last I saw Neko was last summer at Diablo, and he was on a Flatline then. I hadn't heard about the fallout.

Glad he found some support, that kid deserves it.

OB1

Monkey
Yeah...Neko is just rediculous. As for the course, yeah, morning practice was a blast. Absolute slimmy mess. I was laughing all the way down. But if sped up quite a bit for race time. All the rain might have even helped. Good time as always.

the diner

Monkey
Jun 19, 2006
Davidson, NC
his dad was the rocky distributor but something happened. He didn't say what but he did say Rocky did this weird thing of showing up AT HIS HOUSE and took back his prototype frame, etc unannounced. Then promised him they'd send him a stock bike in a few weeks.:shocked:
He said that Rocky Mountain just all of a sudden decided to stop sponsoring American kids and just took everything back and that is why he was on a morewood earlier, he was borrowing it for the race. and as previously mentioned hes now unofficially ridin wit the decline team

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
I don't know how Chris Herndon's run was. however, Neko was barely off him (time wise) even with a near stop near the end of the course. Without that bobble, he had him and the rest of a good pro field covered. That kid is fast.

I was standing within 50 foot of his near crash and I am not sure exactly what happened. It looked like he either slipped a pedal or hit a hole. eitherway, he bounced off at least one pedal and the seat into what appeared to be a nut cruncher to superman sort of trick followed by a foot plant to landing on the seat. Pretty impressive that he was able to walk afterwards and even more impressive that he was able to get going again without losing anymore time.

A couple of other guys had issues with that same spot to there might have been a hidden hole.

I had a great time riding this past weekend. The course was fun. Nice and long with a good mix of tech and high speed. Due to my lack of fitness, I would have prefered to skip the paver stone section near the top but the rest of the course was probably my favorite yet. It was a bit muddy on Sunday morning so I made a quick change to the Swamp Things which ended up hooking up awesome. I think my second practice run was faster than my runs in the dry on Saturday.

Last edited:

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
Does anybody know the full amateur results? I had to head out early and didnt get to see where i placed. Im looking specifically for the Amateur 19-29 catagory. Thanks.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Whoa...I just realized that Ben Hulse is the kid from Charlotte, NC! Flatland kid smoking the big dawgs. Not bad brother. I met this guy for the first time at the US Open doing sprints 30 minutes before his qualifier. Screaming fast and just over a second back from Herndon on a 5 minute course says alot. Hope he sticks with it since he was a super nice kid and LOCAL!! Somebody sponsor him ASAP!

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Whew! still catching my old a$$ breath! That course took some fitness for sho! I have to give it up to the top 4 they smoked us!
Course was really good and fast, I can't beleive how fast top times were as long as it was.
I had a pretty good run but, was sooo spent when I got to the flat before the hip I just sat down and recovered.
Wish I were in a little better shape, looks like being able to pedal some in the flat would have put me right in the mix for a couple more spots up.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Whew! still catching my old a$$ breath! That course took some fitness for sho! I have to give it up to the top 4 they smoked us!
Course was really good and fast, I can't beleive how fast top times were as long as it was.
I had a pretty good run but, was sooo spent when I got to the flat before the hip I just sat down and recovered.
Wish I were in a little better shape, looks like being able to pedal some in the flat would have put me right in the mix for a couple more spots up.
Glad to see you in the Top 10 man!!!!! Great job!!!!!

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Neko was saying to his dad after the race that he ate **** twice on the course- one little and one small. Also Ethan and Ben didn't have clean runs. They pin it for sure. I heard someone say Herndon wasn't going full on though- he is saving himself for some future races. Neko took his race run with one of my tires. Probably why he did so good... :rolleyes:

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
huh-uh yeah, I pushed some but, I knew if I tried to pinit on a course this long I would have had to pull over and stop at the flat
instead of sitting down... I hit every single turn with near perfect lines though, both gaps clean and pretty much all my lines - with no slips at all.
I was just breathing like a stuck pig when I came to the flat, so I think I just need to train more like when I was a single man, and get a little more dh focused training to handle 5 min. courses racing these young studs....

Last edited:

OB1

Monkey
I'm not speaking for ANYBODY in this thread...but that's one nice thing about downhill. If you're embarrased about your time, just invent some crashes and say,"my time SHOULD have been.....":blah: :nopity: :biggrin: But some stories are less believable at a mud race. I heard guys talking about huge crashes they had in their run....yet the only mud on them was the freckles from the tires.:poster_oops: Raise your hand if you have ever been guilty of making up a story because you were embarrassed by your time! Ego is a beotch eh?:redface:

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
hell yea thats what i like to see neko and ben top 3 those kids are badass. ben took 3rd last weekend at wisp also. i think that was his first pro podium and looks like he got another too.

i didnt know ben rode flatland? i use to too. i gotta ask him about that.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
I'm not speaking for ANYBODY in this thread...but that's one nice thing about downhill. If you're embarrased about your time, just invent some crashes and say,"my time SHOULD have been.....":blah: :nopity: :biggrin: But some stories are less believable at a mud race. I heard guys talking about huge crashes they had in their run....yet the only mud on them was the freckles from the tires.:poster_oops: Raise your hand if you have ever been guilty of making up a story because you were embarrassed by your time! Ego is a beotch eh?:redface:

Yeah that's why less people race slalom head to head racing... The spectators can see the whole stage. Harder to make up excuses or sit down if everyones watching.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Well at the end of a race run crash or not, your time is what it is. Not what it could have been!!!!! Its funny watching young guns over the years rip it up and post fast times. Half the time they could have done much better if they just learned when to be slow and when to be fast in a race run to stay up the whole time. I had a Team mate that was that way. He could have been a Top Pro in the US if he could have just learned when to be a little conservative once in a while. Now he is off the bike and surfing it up down in the flat lands of SC. I know if some good coach helped out Neco with his development he could go very far in the DH world, maybe a Top contender on the WC circuit.

By the way guys this Thread is missing pics!!!!! Post them up if you have them.....

Last edited: