Quantcast

Sneak peek at the new site...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Looks kinda cool, I will poke at it later. Thanks BV.

<edit> I posted a pic in the random pic thread no issues. Didn't see a "last post" link, only the last page link under the thread title.

Last edited:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Looks fine. Does it still have the weird arbitrary curse word filtering? Like I can't say i'm taking a **** but I can tell you it's coming out of my asshole.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Looks kinda cool, I will poke at it later. Thanks BV.

<edit> I posted a pic in the random pic thread no issues. Didn't see a "last post" link, only the last page link under the thread title.
Default action for clicking on a thread title is now to take you to the first unread post. Also, those unread posts will be tracked on the server side so it'll be much more reliable than VB's unread post tracking.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Is the monkey, turbo monkey, etc going to come with us to the new site? "Member" just doesn't have the same ring to it ;)

Edit- how rude of me- it looks great and thank you!

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I see we still have likes.... But that are those "trophy points"?
There are some kinds of award-style things that are built in - you can get a "trophy" for certain milestones like getting 10 likes or whatever. The trophies are customizable. Also, "likes" are distinct from reps, which isn't the case now.

Haven't quite decided what to do with the whole thing. I've got my eye on a module that has a few icons for "likes" - you can like it, or mark it as useful, or a few other things.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Is the monkey, turbo monkey, etc going to come with us to the new site? "Member" just doesn't have the same ring to it ;)
Good point. I'll make a note of that. I checked to make sure the custom titles came over but didn't look at the stock titles.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
So... subjective opinions?

The skin is kind of a departure. Most of the functions are more dynamic than the page-by-page clicking of vBulletin. Everything look good to you guys, for the most part?

There are some kinds of award-style things that are built in - you can get a "trophy" for certain milestones like getting 10 likes or whatever. The trophies are customizable. Also, "likes" are distinct from reps, which isn't the case now.

Haven't quite decided what to do with the whole thing. I've got my eye on a module that has a few icons for "likes" - you can like it, or mark it as useful, or a few other things.
I like the idea of likes. Would also like dislike.

I like to ride my bike.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
So far it all seems good.

I like how pics size is limited BUT you can expand them on the same page.
When posting a 'quick reply' and clicking on the "image" button, the only option is a URL link, not an upload from computer.
Also, it seems like the avatar size has increased, so everyone's avatars are a little pixelated.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

will rep be sticking around? hitting reset on post count?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I dig it. Seems to work fast. I love the jump to first new post. I dig the larger avatards. I'm so happy there's no floating AIDS bar on the side of the page, but maybe my adblocker is blocking that travesty there too.