Quantcast

Semi slick with good knobs

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
Add the WTB Riddler to the mix.
For some reason only available in 27.5 right now, but has to be 29er also....

Seems to work damn good.
Riddle and Weir both ran these tires front and rear at the Ashland inderro race few weeks back and ended up 1 & 2.
Granted conditions looked like a road tire would have hooked in the Ashland super grip dirt.....but still.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Evil Follower, 30mm ID rim, tubeless with whoknowswhat PSI, specaleck slaughter with control casing

I like it so far. It set up tubeless really easily (my first ever) but had a constant slow leak until I added more sealant. I can't really comment about the rolling resistance as I haven't tried another tire with this setup, but I can say that the bike itself picks up speed really easily, and the tire is certainly some component of that. The side knobs hook up very well, and have led to no scary moments. The landing strip is a bit different. I think because of the lower pressure afforded by tubeless I haven't noticed as much spinning out, but there have definitely been a few times when I burned out up loose climbs and such. Braking is surprisingly not bad, there were only a few well controlled skids this weekend up at KT, which was very very dry.

So, I got what I wanted. I might try a thicker casing next time and running even less pressure, but I really wanted to go lightweight and see what I could get away with before worrying about more substantial sidewalls.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
good to know. i wound up putting an intense system 3 (edit, google says system 0? ) semi slick on my spitfire and have been pleased so far. granted i've only had time on trails that are hard pack and only moderately rooty/rocky.

Last edited: