Quantcast

Saturday, September 6th - Diablo Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Please be advised that Diablo Freeride Park will be closed tomorrow, Saturday September 6th due to forecasted tropical storm-force winds. Our regional area has a high likelihood of experiencing heavy rain and sustained winds over 25mph, with gusts to 50mph.

Weather permitting, Diablo will reopen at 9am on Sunday September 7th. The dedicated Diablo Trail Crew is scheduled for an early morning arrival on Sunday to ensure the best possible riding conditions. Stay tuned to www.diablofreeridepark.com for the latest info.

Thank you for your understanding.

Feb 29, 2008
Bummer for everyone involved. I'm sure it sucks to have to close your business for a day when it's only open on weekends. It's a good decision, though because jackasses like myself would brave terrible conditions and end up getting hurt.

We'll definitely be out Sunday if things clear up. I'll buy some extra all-fruit popsicles to help out the cause.

Tweety

Chimp
May 30, 2007
Bummer for everyone involved. I'm sure it sucks to have to close your business for a day when it's only open on weekends. It's a good decision, though because jackasses like myself would brave terrible conditions and end up getting hurt.

We'll definitely be out Sunday if things clear up. I'll buy some extra all-fruit popsicles to help out the cause.

ditto. Hope to ride Sunday before we head back to ATL....

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Weather websites that I checked just now say the heaviest rains will be from 6 pm til midnight, then should be clear skies. Let's hope it's true. If I don't get to ride this weekend there's a good chance that I might just start reenacting scenes from office space at work on monday.

SuperKat

Monkey
Jul 3, 2005
New York
And he said I could have the stapler...I'm gonna burn down the building I think....

Too bad, it's just cloudy over here now and I'm about 30 minutes away in NY. Oh well, see you in two weeks then.

Stay safe all,
Kat

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Weather websites that I checked just now say the heaviest rains will be from 6 pm til midnight, then should be clear skies. Let's hope it's true. If I don't get to ride this weekend there's a good chance that I might just start reenacting scenes from office space at work on monday.
Sunday is looking good! Weather forecast is calling for partly Sunny skies with temps in the upper 70s. As a precaution, the Diablo Trail Crew spent the day yesterday spreading hay on some of the more sensitive trails to help protect against some of the forecasted heavy rains. Talk about commitment!

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
HIP HIP HUZZAH!

Im coming back! My foot and shoulder have both successfully reintegrated! (Although I dreamed my foot got sawed off and glued back on last night... hmmm..)

Now for some Blind Melon.... (Make the inference! MAKE IT!)

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
This whole Plattekill Vs. Diablo stuff is so 2007... C'mon guys.... we have several parks within reach... Diablo, Whiteface, Plattekill & Highland mountain. We should be happy to have choices.

I don't know who started the beef between the hills (platte and diablo) but it's getting old...

Maybe Diablo and Platte should get together and create a Diablo/Plattekill Race..... 4 races in Diablo and 4 races in Platte, jointly... drama free and fun... winner takes purse put up by both Platte and Diablo....

DH'ing biking is supposed to be fun... this drama/beef bullsh!t is retarded...

Last edited:

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
I really hope that the hay can protect the indycross course. I'm pretty doubtful though.

Hopefully someone keeps an eye on the groomed trails and opens them up if they dry out later in the day.

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
This whole Plattekill Vs. Diablo stuff is so 2007... C'mon guys.... we have several parks within reach... Diablo, Whiteface, Plattekill & Highland mountain. We should be happy to have choices.

I don't know who started the beef between the hills (platte and diablo) but it's getting old...

Maybe Diablo and Platte should get together and create a Diablo/Plattekill Race..... 4 races in Diablo and 4 races in Platte, jointly... drama free and fun... winner takes purse put up by both Platte and Diablo....

DH'ing biking is supposed to be fun... this drama/beef bullsh!t is retarded...
Well said.

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
We care about the safety of our guests and the integrity of our lifts and trail network. Putting our guest, employees our trails and our lifts in harms way will never be part of our operating plan.

fortenndu, such a bold post considering this just happenend on the 24th: http://plattekill.com/images//2008 august 24 downhill.pdf :cheers:
Don't you think the fact that there were 3 races on the east coast each with pretty decent showings all on the same weekend is a good thing? Or is your head that deep in your ass?

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
I don't know about you guys, but I hate Hannah, and i would rather be riding a bike then posting on these forums...

Here's a few pics to keep you guys occupied!

If you're bored and want to see more riding pics to here:

BIKES

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
Don't you think the fact that there were 3 races on the east coast each with pretty decent showings all on the same weekend is a good thing? Or is your head that deep in your ass?
you are the kind of person that makes everyone hate plattekill . just be cause you suck almost as much as there lift doesnt me that you have to come on to the diablo forum and cry about it.

Last edited:

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
I don't think anyone's going to hate plattekill because of this guy's posts. He's just making himself look sort of silly.

Like dave said, we should be happy that we have so many options this close to us.

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
You have never seen me ride, I won't deny I have a lot of horrible results. There's no way of deny I have had some awful luck over the past 2 years. I have had 2 days of riding this year where I didn't have a few major injuries healing. But I still manage to be smooth and not ride like a hack. You may have had good results but in the long run having horrible form and riding like you do isn't going to be good for anything. "I don't know what lines I take I just go straight". I don't want to argue about this but you are not one to comment on riding abilities, you're just plain dumb. I'm out.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
This guy is the biggest hack @ Diablo!

If anyone see him, beware, he has a tendency of running into other riders by mistake!

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
You have never seen me ride, I won't deny I have a lot of horrible results. There's no way of deny I have had some awful luck over the past 2 years. I have had 2 days of riding this year where I didn't have a few major injuries healing. But I still manage to be smooth and not ride like a hack. You may have had good results but in the long run having horrible form and riding like you do isn't going to be good for anything. "I don't know what lines I take I just go straight". I don't want to argue about this but you are not one to comment on riding abilities, you're just plain dumb. I'm out.
ok, i have seen you ride, but you mostlikely have never seen me ride. your getting your info from either pinkskirt or justin.. i am not trying to brag. your just not as good as you talk. and when you argue that diablo isint down hill enough for you. DONT GO! i mean if p kill is so much more worth it then go! im not going to bad mouth them because i have never been there.

also, i get injuries alot also. i have been out almost every other week. and i dont think i complain about it.

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
ok, i have seen you ride, but you mostlikely have never seen me ride. your getting your info from either pinkskirt or justin.. i am not trying to brag. your just not as good as you talk. and when you argue that diablo isint down hill enough for you. DONT GO! i mean if p kill is so much more worth it then go! im not going to bad mouth them because i have never been there.

also, i get injuries alot also. i have been out almost every other week. and i dont think i complain about it.
i have not talked to him, but i do agree, u said on the lift that the rocks are no important and all that riders should do was apex the corners, so take it for what its worth, u might be faster-but ur riding is going to limit you in the future(when u weigh more than 100 pounds)

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
i have not talked to him, but i do agree, u said on the lift that the rocks are no important and all that riders should do was apex the corners, so take it for what its worth, u might be faster-but ur riding is going to limit you in the future(when u weigh more than 100 pounds)
wtf. i hate when you get on my case about this justin. its my second year of riding. im not compeating in nation eventes or being factory. im having fun. i said i wasnt trying to brag.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
now now you guys don't have to argue about how fast i am. i know once i get that sweet new turner you guys are probably gonna have to wear goggles to see me ride because i am going to kick up so much dust and there is going to be a powerful wind current behind me so your also going to need something to hold you down. perhaps tying yourself to a tree would be smart

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
now now you guys don't have to argue about how fast i am. i know once i get that sweet new turner you guys are probably gonna have to wear goggles to see me ride because i am going to kick up so much dust and there is going to be a powerful wind current behind me so your also going to need something to hold you down. perhaps tying yourself to a tree would be smart
Are all those crazy effects with or without the new WC?

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
is that rich kid humor? it just doesnt amuse me...

Status
Not open for further replies.