Quantcast

Saddam Hussein to be Executed by Saturday:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
some people are suggesting there should be an investigation into the filming of the hanging.

So, it's ok to kill a man, but not ok to distribute the video?

Anyone else think that's backasswards fvcked up?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
some people are suggesting there should be an investigation into the filming of the hanging.

So, it's ok to kill a man, but not ok to distribute the video?

Anyone else think that's backasswards fvcked up?
Anytime high level government officials get seriously and embarrassingly pwn3d in front of the eyes of the world, said officials are guaranteed to investigate who pwn3d them.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
Phone call between GW and GH after Saddam is executed.

GW: Daddy, it's me W
GH: Hi son, what's on your mind?
GW: I did it dad. I got Saddam for you. Mission Accomplished.
GH: You don't talk like this with other people, do you George?
GW: No dad, only you. You appreciate that I revenged you.
GH: Son!
GW: Now dad, I'll get those liberals. We'll hang them all.
GH: Son! Please stop, you're scaring me.
GW: Don't worry daddy. I won't get hurt. They'll try to take me down, but I'll get them. I will.
GH: Son, it's your talk that is scaring me.
GW: Oh. But, you said yourself that you would kill all the liberals.
GH: That was a joke, W.
GW: Oh. Oh well, it's a good idea, right dad. HeHeHe

-There's silence on the phone.

GH: W, I'll put your mother on the phone.
GW: Okay dad, I told you I would make you proud.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Here's the last paragraph of Hitchens on the execution:

The shabby, tawdry scene of Muqtada Sadr's riffraff taunting their defenseless former tyrant evokes exactly this quality of hysterical falsity and bravado. While Saddam Hussein was alive, they cringed. Now, they find their lost courage, and meanwhile take the drill and the razor blade and the blowtorch to their fellow Iraqis. To watch this abysmal spectacle as a neutral would be bad enough. To know that the U. S. government had even a silent, shamefaced part in it is to feel something well beyond embarrassment.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
Here's the last paragraph of Hitchens on the execution:

The shabby, tawdry scene of Muqtada Sadr's riffraff taunting their defenseless former tyrant evokes exactly this quality of hysterical falsity and bravado. While Saddam Hussein was alive, they cringed. Now, they find their lost courage, and meanwhile take the drill and the razor blade and the blowtorch to their fellow Iraqis. To watch this abysmal spectacle as a neutral would be bad enough. To know that the U. S. government had even a silent, shamefaced part in it is to feel something well beyond embarrassment.
Thank you for sharing this. I don't like the world that Saddam created. I actually very willingly participated while in the Army during the first Gulf conflict. And got out of the Army disappointed we didn't finish the job. However, the way it has unfolded has left me mostly speechless and unable to formulate my opinions about it all. The excuses our superior officers told us when we left him in power, after having large amount of troops only 80 miles from Bagdad and special ops in the city, was it would create a power vacuum that would offer a worse solution. And the world will blame us. Well, they were right. It did create a power vacuum and put worse people in power (anyone who wants to argue this point "bring it on"), and the world is blaming us. Oh, why couldn't the son learn from the father?