Quantcast

Saddam Hussein to be Executed by Saturday:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
The learning curve has been pretty steep here, and what we...Life under a dictatorship sucks, but the power vacuum after the fall is just as brutal.
NO SH!T. Except we ALREADY HAD A FVCKING LESSON. It was called Yugo-fvcking-slavia and Tito, but the drum-beaters failed sophomore European History.

:disgust1:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Am I the only one expecting a Jack Bauer-esque rescue attempt? Saddam's a wiley one. And he's got buddies out there....I can TOTALLY see something cool (as in interesting) going down before it happens...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Am I the only one expecting a Jack Bauer-esque rescue attempt? Saddam's a wiley one. And he's got buddies out there....I can TOTALLY see something cool (as in interesting) going down before it happens...
Yep everything in life is exactly like TV. Just like you will die painlessly in your sleep at a happy old age and not rotting away for years with some horrible and painful cancerous disease.

Actually not really, and that laugh track you hear is the world laughing AT you.:clapping:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Expect a mass rocket, suicide bomb attack on the green zone? Bring in the crimson guard or whatever they are called. Hope MikeD gets through all this from his happy home in the green zone!

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Yay, the war is won. The troops can come home now. I wonder if there'll be a bidding war for the tape and whether the news channels will show it in it's entirety.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
I find it remarkable that they only tried and sentenced him for that one masskilling of 148 people. It's as if the other atrocities (dunno how many they were) he commited weren't important. Weren't there like 10000 Kurds gassed? Other great atrocieties must have been commited surely..

Strangely the BBC article linked in this thread barely touched that subject. In the other BBC link the Amnesty and HRW guys spoke of a dodgy trial, but that was waived off by the German official...

What kind of justice is that? Hardly anything that belongs to a state that some call a democracy. I bet the Kurds don't feel like their cause has been treated just and democratic. :disgust1:

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
I find it remarkable that they only tried and sentenced him for that one masskilling of 148 people. It's as if the other atrocities (dunno how many they were) he commited weren't important. Weren't there like 10000 Kurds gassed? Other great atrocieties must have been commited surely..

Strangely the BBC article linked in this thread barely touched that subject. In the other BBC link the Amnesty and HRW guys spoke of a dodgy trial, but that was waived off by the German official...

What kind of justice is that? Hardly anything that belongs to a state that some call a democracy. I bet the Kurds don't feel like their cause has been treated just and democratic. :disgust1:
As Fonzie18 pointed out, he was on separate trial for attacks on the Khurds.

You'd think they would have let the trial finish before killing him though. It makes it look as though they simply wanted an excuse to kill him as quickly as possible. That can't be right though, could it?:banana:

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
As Fonzie18 pointed out, he was on separate trial for attacks on the Khurds.

You'd think they would have let the trial finish before killing him though. It makes it look as though they simply wanted an excuse to kill him as quickly as possible. That can't be right though, could it?:banana:
It's bananas. You're right, I wasn't clear enough. They had at least one other trial going on and possibly more to come.
I was a bit surprised when Swedens current foreign minister, Carl Bildt, criticized the Iraqi authorities for not completing all the trials (surprised because he belongs to the party which has suck up to the US most of them all).

"It was of importance to determine the question of guilt. Non the least when it comes to crimes against the Kurdish people. That trial had barely started."
and
"What he was sentenced to death for was in comparison to the other crimes he commited, a small crime." Carl Bildt said.

The social democratic prime minister we had until just recently never voiced a critical word against the "allies". Total tool. I'm living in the "up n'down world" when it comes to Swedish foreign politics..

sshappy

Chimp
Apr 20, 2004
Middle of Nowhere
There is a school of thought that Saddam had to be executed before he could testify to the complicity of the West in his killing of the Kurds. We wouldn't want anyone to know about where he got his chemicals from after all.

Funny how gassing Iranians still seems to be acceptable though.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
There is a school of thought that Saddam had to be executed before he could testify to the complicity of the West in his killing of the Kurds. We wouldn't want anyone to know about where he got his chemicals from after all.

Funny how gassing Iranians still seems to be acceptable though.
I don't think it's any big secret. No one seems to care about it, so we don't care about hiding it.