Quantcast

Random Poly Picture Thread

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
FYI, ISIS has a robust welfare system as mandated by the Koran. Free healthcare etc. You know, the whole help the poor thing that is also in the Bible. At least they are picky about what they literally translate.
if you are going to hide amongst them when the lords fire is being dropped from the sky.....you had better throw them a bone.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
I find it kind of dangerous, dumb and ridiculous that all these Hitler memes come up. Are people really that dumb and think a man like him would make the earth a better place?
70 years, and all is forgotten or what?!

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I find it kind of dangerous, dumb and ridiculous that all these Hitler memes come up. Are people really that dumb and think a man like him would make the earth a better place?
70 years, and all is forgotten or what?!

I know you're not American, but It's a play on:

A man who seems to think, or at least imply, that such actions might actually be a good thing. And yes, he has an absolutely terrifying number of supporters.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Ok, missed that one.
I already thought it was some kind of sarcasm, but nonetheless I had to make a point.

I find it really scary seeing memes like the above in all kind of whatsapp groups, facebook sites etc.
Because most of them mean it that way.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I find it really scary seeing memes like the above in all kind of whatsapp groups, facebook sites etc.
Because most of them mean it that way.
The rise of nationalism, both here in the states and in Europe is incredibly frightening. Trump, and to a lesser degree any GOP "front runner" you can name, Marine Le Pen in France, Nikolaos Michaloliakos in Greece, all harbor political views that if they aren't completely, certainly flirt with fascism. And not in the everything-on-the-internet = Hitler sort of meme sense, but actual fascism.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
This.
The problem is, that these people get the following from the crowd due to difficult economics, the refugee problem and last but not least terrorism, which is at least to me completely irrational.

They are somewhat responsible for the chaos we are now in.