Quantcast

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Ah. The ammonia based cooling systems I have seen use another liquid for the point of use cooling to minimize ammonia exposure.

I spent a few weeks in an Aluminum foundry, there was a red light that would flash on occasion. When I asked someone what it was they told me it was a chlorine detection system and I should just ignore it. That explained why my chrome vanadium wrenches were rusting.
Yes there have been 2 stage systems installed around Yakima in the past bit they have proven to be more trouble than useful for the cconditions we maintain. If we were trying to pull down into low low temps, a second stage refrigerant could be employed.

Ammonia isn't scary, it's actually a very stable and straightforward refrigerant. Low risk of combustion and the operating pressures are very reasonable compared to alternative refrigerants. Not to mention it doesn't fractionate. People that are against ammonia as an industrial refrigerant are off their rocker.

Yes there have been 2 stage systems installed around Yakima in the past bit they have proven to be more trouble than useful for the cconditions we maintain. If we were trying to pull down into low low temps, a second stage refrigerant could be employed.

Ammonia isn't scary, it's actually a very stable and straightforward refrigerant. Low risk of combustion and the operating pressures are very reasonable compared to alternative refrigerants. Not to mention it doesn't fractionate. People that are against ammonia as an industrial refrigerant are off their rocker.
Hilarie's grandfather:
Henry Forst.jpg

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Chx ramen bricks, shiitake shrooms, red bell pepper, asparagus, carrot, a head of garlic. Soy sauce & Sriracha, a couple fried eggs.

20201121_185714.jpg

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Talk about doing it wrong. Jeesh.

I'm guessing that's sketchy avi condition noodle lines keeping people off the real skiing?
Not enough snow for the big lines yet. Coverage was good...but not that good. I hit 3 rocks. Buddies hit a few.