Quantcast

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
This is the second time I made these, and this time I added twice the oatmeal crust, which means twice the butter. The chocolate center eats more like a firm fudge than a soft brownie, but that is by design. You'd eat it.

125194604_10221649345976568_677318293597041939_o.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It looks like a nice crema along with a dollop of foamed milk. i.e. a proper Italian macchiato. Mmmm... macchiato...

I figured I was saving a lot of money not buying cups of coffee at work. Got myself a decent espresso machine. Think I'll go make myself a macchiato (Coffee) right now.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I figured I was saving a lot of money not buying cups of coffee at work. Got myself a decent espresso machine. Think I'll go make myself a macchiato (Coffee) right now.
i too took this approach. my setup all total was probably $1100 by the time i got a new tamper & accessories (machine and grinder were a grand themselves), but i paid very little out of pocket thanks to getting some recognition awards at work, and figuring out how to turn them into amazon gift cards.

just curious, what machine did you get?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i too took this approach. my setup all total was probably $1100 by the time i got a new tamper & accessories (machine and grinder were a grand themselves), but i paid very little out of pocket thanks to getting some recognition awards at work, and figuring out how to turn them into amazon gift cards.

just curious, what machine did you get?
A Breville. Certainly not high end, but it makes a good cup. I too rolled corporate reward points into an Amazon gift certificate for the purchase. I don't need any corporate logo'd wind breakers.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yours? We have a russian blue. We've been skipping the X-tree since we got it because ^--^ .
Yeah its ours, one of the kittens from the the rescued litter after the mom was hit and killed.

We think they might be russian blues as well. I think the lady friend and a coworker at the clinic are going to split a dna test to see what they are.

If I didn't know any better or I was blind, I'd assume she was part squirrel. The way she jumps and bounces around, hot damn. You know when you whip around a bouncy ball in a small room? Thats her...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Yeah its ours, one of the kittens from the the rescued litter after the mom was hit and killed.

We think they might be russian blues as well. I think the lady friend and a coworker at the clinic are going to split a dna test to see what they are.

If I didn't know any better or I was blind, I'd assume she was part squirrel. The way she jumps and bounces around, hot damn. You know when you whip around a bouncy ball in a small room? Thats her...
Russian blues have longer legs and love to jump and bounce around. Our hardwood floors and window sills are in a pitiful state. The breed has one major benefit though - they are very quiet, unlike our other cat, a talkative Siamese ass.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Russian blues have longer legs and love to jump and bounce around. Our hardwood floors and window sills are in a pitiful state. The breed has one major benefit though - they are very quiet, unlike our other cat, a talkative Siamese ass.
I know your pain with the loud cat. Thats so good to know that the russian blue should be quiet.

Our orange cat doesn't shut up. He walks around making a noise that sounds like someone yelling "HELLO" in a deep voice. He also goes ape shit at the sliding glass door - just that window, no others. And in the morning he'll silently strut into the bedroom, somehow jump onto the bed without waking anyone up and then sit his fat ass on my chest and start meowing and head butting - DUDE. But if you hold him, he doesn't make a sound. I think someone treated him like a delicate flower as a youngin'. :D

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Mine was very small and kitten like her entire life.