Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
How the fuck do you people work with laptops on your laps?
Only on the bed during meetings. My desk is in the living room, but the wife is in the front room and is on the phone. So I go upstairs to the bedroom for the few meetings I have.

Monday owns the upstairs, the dogs are allowed downstairs.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
I had a roommate in college who kept coming home drunk with worthless shit. We had a small intervention and from that point only useful shit made it back. Never had to buy toilet paper or janitorial supplies.
I woke up one morning to my roommate playing a full size electric piano in our living room... that apparently I single handedly hauled home from 10 blocks away.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
It looks the dog's breakfast, but was tasty.

Pan fried lamb merguez sausage, leeks, red pepper, a bit of leftover Vodka sauce.
Mixed with roast spaghetti squash, feta cheese. Finished under the broiler.

20201119_183221.jpg

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
what’s the catch? Location? Lot size?
Access is from the Alley. Lots of those old service houses are being converted to tiny homes. Service house is like a Carriage House in Toronto. The Alleys around there are usually full of cars. In the winter it is a cluster fuck. Duffs is around there.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Oh noes, is the sun deteriorating your crabons?
In a round about way yes. As zee hop oilz break down in the storages, themz particles that get suckered into the nh3 detector sends the nh3 detector into a hussy fit and I have to swappz zee activated carbons in the pre-anal-sysis sample gas.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
In a round about way yes. As zee hop oilz break down in the storages, themz particles that get suckered into the nh3 detector sends the nh3 detector into a hussy fit and I have to swappz zee activated carbons in the pre-anal-sysis sample gas.
Does the decomposing hop oils generate ammonia or just triggers a false positive? If so why do you need an ammonia detector?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Does the decomposing hop oils generate ammonia or just triggers a false positive? If so why do you need an ammonia detector?
The decomposed hop oilz trigger a false positive. Whatever zone it is on shuts down and then I get a phone call. Ammonia has the killer properties for removing heat, changing state, and not fractionating. All at reasonable* pressures even.

*Compared to any of the competing refrigerants. If water didn't freeze or propane wasn't so combustible they would be more suitable alternatives.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The decomposed hop oilz trigger a false positive. Whatever zone it is on shuts down and then I get a phone call. Ammonia has the killer properties for removing heat, changing state, and not fractionating. All at reasonable* pressures even.

*Compared to any of the competing refrigerants. If water didn't freeze or propane wasn't so combustible they would be more suitable alternatives.
Ah. The ammonia based cooling systems I have seen use another liquid for the point of use cooling to minimize ammonia exposure.

I spent a few weeks in an Aluminum foundry, there was a red light that would flash on occasion. When I asked someone what it was they told me it was a chlorine detection system and I should just ignore it. That explained why my chrome vanadium wrenches were rusting.