Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Is it still vaporware?
I think they are actually shipping orders. They have now raced Supermoto, EnduroCross, and flat track. The SM bike and the MX bike were stock rides, the flat track had wheel/suspension changes, not sure what else. But they have won and placed in everything they have entered.

The bitch is the MSRP. When you do a cost breakdown on parts spec, it is actually in line with other bikes in its class, but being the only legit ebike makes it hard to compare. It isn't too much more than a KTM (same brakes, suspension, and wheels).

<edit> Looks like it is close to shipping, but not quite yet. I know they are close, or it seems so anyway.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think they are actually shipping orders. They have now raced Supermoto, EnduroCross, and flat track. The SM bike and the MX bike were stock rides, the flat track had wheel/suspension changes, not sure what else. But they have won and placed in everything they have entered.

The bitch is the MSRP. When you do a cost breakdown on parts spec, it is actually in line with other bikes in its class, but being the only legit ebike makes it hard to compare. It isn't too much more than a KTM (same brakes, suspension, and wheels).

<edit> Looks like it is close to shipping, but not quite yet. I know they are close, or it seems so anyway.

It seems like they have been close for a loooong time. Good on them though. There is a long list of failures out there because a product wasn't allowed to be developed to completion. Google says they landed a pretty hefty amount of capital. Hopefully they didn't have to give away too much to get it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It seems like they have been close for a loooong time. Good on them though. There is a long list of failures out there because a product wasn't allowed to be developed to completion. Google says they landed a pretty hefty amount of capital. Hopefully they didn't have to give away too much to get it.
Something like 4 years. I've been following on facebook and wish I could swing it (might be able to next year). It's just awesome to see them actually win in competition against gas bikes in 3 different areas while continuing to get some seriously positive reviews. Again, I think MSRP is still tough to swallow for the average Joe, but these bikes aren't built for the average Joe.

I know Zero Bike has been around for at least 10 years, but their bike is shit. It's gotten better over the years, but it is still a gas bike converted to electric vs designed around electric.

@stevew