Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Goose is loose.
Went through 4 bottles of Goose, 2 bottles of Bacardi, and 3 bottles of Makers (you can see 3 bottles at the far end). This was the VIP spread on Saturday for my Company shindig in Tahoe. I think there was about 45 people. :rofl:

That was after dinner, we started drinking at 6 with dinner and I called it a night at 2:30.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
So electric steering as in when the car's off you can't turn the wheels?
hmm, not sure about that. ive driven electric steering cars but never tried to turn the wheel while it was off. at least it doesnt have electric doors or other various electric parts that wont work when the battery is dead,

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
The underlying tech is very different, and doesn't drive the same way as an automatic. There's no torque converter. It would be more accurate to call it an automated manual transmission.

Our VW has the DSG and it has a very different feel from a traditional automatic. I still prefer true manual transmissions. But I wouldn't call the PDK or any of the other dual clutch options automatics.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
if ih8rice had a supercar....he'd still bitch about the cost of maintenance....

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
The underlying tech is very different, and doesn't drive the same way as an automatic. There's no torque converter. It would be more accurate to call it an automated manual transmission.
is there a clutch pedal? no? then its a automatic...with two automatic clutches. it drives fairly similar to a "normal" auto, just with almost instantaneous shifting.

[No] contest: If IH8Rice had ........ he'd still bitch about ........
dont you have some more posts to complain about? or a mustache competition to get ready for? or a episode of matlock to watch?

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
As in Electric assist Vs Hydraulic assist..... Still has a mechanical attachment, and will turn with the vehicle off like any other vehicle if the key is shut down
That's what my customer thought about their 2004 Malibu... that is until the steering froze mid turn. Thankfully it happened in an empty parking lot and her ABS worked properly.