Quantcast

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
Good lord. Story? Other than the obvious I mean.
Photo was posted on FB site of a mate of mine who works in the control room of a big motorway in Sydney. Comment with photo was "These bloody helmets really do save lives" saids the motorcyclist who picks himself up off the motorway. Very lucky!!!

But I don't know if he took the photo at his work or if he just posted something he got off the web.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
i think the only way to grind a helmet like that, is to be unconcious, face up, and sliding down like 100 yards on your back,,, or having your head being pinned to the ground, with the bike on your face, while sliding on sandpaper.....

you could also have your legs/shoes tangled to the rear of a car, and dragged for a couple blocks....

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
i think the only way to grind a helmet like that, is to be unconcious, face up, and sliding down like 100 yards on your back,,, or having your head being pinned to the ground, with the bike on your face, while sliding on sandpaper.....

you could also have your legs/shoes tangled to the rear of a car, and dragged for a couple blocks....
Kind of what I was thinking. That much wear on a helmet makes me cringe.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Why wear pads and a helmet when you have a body harness on?
If I'm not wrong, he actually got pretty jacked up by the harness/bike combo when he fell on attempt one. I think the bike gave him a beating when he came off and everything was flopping around, bike and rider.

More impressive is that the record holder rode in a straight line and Mooney attempted it in a circle for some hippy festival that had limited space downtown.

The pic of the day on Vital the other day was of him jumping a tall bike on a huge gap.