Quantcast

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I posted this on several websites, and everywhere that it appears, someone corrects me. This makes me wonder how many people know about this obscure bug, and whether I have ever seen an actual bumblebee in my life or whether they were all this critter.

Here's the photo again. If you didn't know this was a moth and saw how FAST it flies, would you call it a bumblebee?

I always called them hummingbird moths which is a more apt name than bumblebee. I caught one as a kid. I think it's a "mimic" defense by appearing to be a hummingbird instead of a moth. They're very cool. I did let it go alive.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
chicks in bikinis are nsfw? do you work in a church?
If you had a job that involved, well if you had a job, you'd know that most bosses are not okay with scantily clad men or women. That whole sexual discrimination lawsuit thing is a real ibtch.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
what does that have to do with anything?
if someone comes into money at a young(ish) age, does that mean they cant retire from working?
If I came into that kind of coin, I surely would not be here. Let alone living in NJ, I'm just saying.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
If I came into that kind of coin, I surely would not be here. Let alone living in NJ, I'm just saying.
1. I dont live in nj anymore
2. NJ has some of the nicest areas in the country to live....and one of the most expensive too.
3. Being financially secure means I can live anywhere I want....and that is PA right now.
4. If the other houses around me were actually selling, I'd consider moving back to nj...Though cost of living is significantly higher.

I'm not rolling in money like Scrooge McDuck, I'm happy where I am

What, did you return all the beer bottles at Delta House/Plattekill? :rofl:
I'd be Oprah rich then!