Quantcast

Random new bike thread

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
I’ll take the added strength for sure. I have broken/cracked every full sus within 6 months since stepping up from 26” to 27/29”. Only exception being a Nukeproof Reactor which I might buy again if one shows up on PB.

It does feel like a magic bike tbh. The geo is spot on and it takes the sting out of big hits. It’s a hard tail so it will never be smooth through long/sustained rough and chunky sections.

Another spin off is that it feels like the start of my MTB days, which was obviously on a hard tail. Trails are more fun without the need to go massive or Mach chicken. My bones are getting old and it takes forever to heal up, plus I will be switching my focus to surfing when we move into the van and I want to stay injury free is possible.

got to live bikes, especially when they feel dialled

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Another spin off is that it feels like the start of my MTB days, which was obviously on a hard tail. Trails are more fun without the need to go massive or Mach chicken.
Exactly why I bought/built the scout. I have no real hills but 40miles of rolling singletrack accessible straight from my door I use to ride every week and realised I've barely ridden any of it since I got rid of my last tough little all round hardtail. It's taking a little longer than I'd expected to tune into the modern geometry, longer frame and bigger wheel size tho. (M 27.5)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Oh... And BTW...
If you ever find yourself in Scotland YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY TRY THIS at least once

DRAGON+SOOP+A4+Advert+MARCH2021+Adjusted.jpg

Comes in tons of child friendly sweet fruity flavours, contains a similar amount of caffeine to regular Energy drinks but is 7.5% alc vol

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Oh... And BTW...
If you ever find yourself in Scotland YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY TRY THIS at least once

View attachment 208944

Comes in tons of child friendly sweet fruity flavours, contains a similar amount of caffeine to regular Energy drinks but is 7.5% alc vol
I'll give it a whirl next time I'm there.
Might have to help my brother move house in the next year or so.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Oh... And BTW...

View attachment 208944

Hold on - is that a Rhubarb and Custard flavoured drink?

I'll give it a whirl next time I'm there.
Might have to help my brother move house in the next year or so.
7.5% caffeined boozahol? Enough of those and you won't need a truck for the move. Just jog carrying the furniture.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
yes, titanium upgrade
Nice. Hopefully you don't get any tendon bind to the plate or anything that restricts movement. They didn't plate my 3rd and 4th when I did those and they didn't heal straight causing me some grief. Then I got tendon bind on the pinky finger and it needed removal so I could bend it properly.

Sucks to have happen, I'm sure you're not an idiot but I can't recommend enough doing the physio properly

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
i do the exercises every hour. see progress every day. i could choose between traditional healing or operation. bone was already twisted so operation of course. plate stays in, apparently heals even faster that way. only bummer was that i first chose to be awake but the drugs didn‘t work fast enough so propofol it was on top. those electro shock needles were funny though. muscle spasm 4tw. when i woke up the first drug of course worked then and i had a lame arm for 4 hours :banghead:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
i do the exercises every hour. see progress every day. i could choose between traditional healing or operation. bone was already twisted so operation of course. plate stays in, apparently heals even faster that way. only bummer was that i first chose to be awake but the drugs didn‘t work fast enough so propofol it was on top. those electro shock needles were funny though. muscle spasm 4tw. when i woke up the first drug of course worked then and i had a lame arm for 4 hours :banghead:
eeesh.... that all sounds like much fun... sorry to hear it, and glad to hear you're hitting the rehab hard... hopefully it doesn't interfere with the season too much...

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Nice. Hopefully you don't get any tendon bind to the plate or anything that restricts movement. They didn't plate my 3rd and 4th when I did those and they didn't heal straight causing me some grief. Then I got tendon bind on the pinky finger and it needed removal so I could bend it properly.

Sucks to have happen, I'm sure you're not an idiot but I can't recommend enough doing the physio properly
I got one on my 5th 22 years ago. Still in accompanied by 5 screws, no probs what so ever.