Quantcast

Rampant internet speculation

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
He's getting it amputated. Doctors said nothing they could do for him.....peg-leg dominance in 2011?

TrueScotsman

Monkey
Mar 20, 2002
Scotland
Th official word is that Sam Hill is getting both legs amputated below the knee to give him a lower centre of gravity and therefore be able to corner even better than he is already able to.

MarkDH

Monkey
Sep 23, 2004
Scotland
Sam Hill is getting his knees cut out, rotated 90deg, and stitched back in, thus making the bowlegged stance more comfortable. Of course stuff like walking and taking a dump will become a bit more laborious, but that's the kind of sacrifice an elite athlete has to make.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sam Hill is getting his knees cut out, rotated 90deg, and stitched back in, thus making the bowlegged stance more comfortable. Of course stuff like walking and taking a dump will become a bit more laborious, but that's the kind of sacrifice an elite athlete has to make.
i just got flashbacks from the movie Gattaca :twitch:

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
Searching for "sam hill knee", I came across this valuable information:

Samuel Hill came to Australia on the convict ship Asia, a drawing of which is shown below.

Samuel Hill's trial as recorded on the Old Bailey Site : Reference Number: t18210110-80

SAMUEL HILL,
Offence: Theft > grand larceny
Verdict: Guilty; Guilty
Punishment: Transportation

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
He's not actually hurt at all.

Specialized just needed a cover story to explain his disappearance from the 2010 WC circuit while he secretly travels to the Universe Cup DH Race Series of Death to defend the fate of the world from an evil alien race on a specially designed demo 8 with stinger missiles.

Gives a whole new perspective to the term "shuttling" when you think about what the team van looks like.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
I heard Sam Hill hurt his knee, he was limping in the pits. OR am I speculating like everyone else?

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
+ rep!

Searching for "sam hill knee", I came across this valuable information:

Samuel Hill came to Australia on the convict ship Asia, a drawing of which is shown below.

Samuel Hill's trial as recorded on the Old Bailey Site : Reference Number: t18210110-80

SAMUEL HILL,
Offence: Theft > grand larceny
Verdict: Guilty; Guilty
Punishment: Transportation

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
If he did in fact 'blow his knee up'

Keep in mind he blew his knee up on the moto in 08' as well...they kept it a secret and while he didn't win the world cup title, he did put in some memorable rides.

Hill in so cal moto form

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
If he did in fact 'blow his knee up'

Keep in mind he blew his knee up on the moto in 08' as well...they kept it a secret and while he didn't win the world cup title, he did put in some memorable rides.

Hill in so cal moto form
Wasn't that '07? The year he started running pants? Myself and a friend talked to him at Vigo '07 WC in the shuttle bus during practice and Sam was saying that he was running knee braces because he blew one of his knees out in Glen Helen early Spring. Same deal here I suppose, he has all intentions of coming back and winning so they are just gonna keep a lid on it and hope he gets back to 100% fitness.

At least this time he won't have to start running pants to hide the knee brace haha! Also that is a fine picture Stik, what track was it taken?

Feb 9, 2010
Slow Cal
He is probally fine. I bet they are just creating drama to let everyone else breathe a sigh of relief and slow their training a bit, so he can come back and destroy the competition by some random miracle. ;)

dagmz6s

Monkey
Jan 12, 2008
Merion, PA
This was just on Dirt when I looked.

UPDATE:
Just received this from team manager Sean Heimdal:

“Not too much to say. I’m not in Australia, so I can only report that Sam tweaked his knee training for 2010 and he’s rehabbing with the goal of being ready for Maribor. He’s had some great success bouncing back from previous mishaps, and we’re confident he’ll be back stronger than ever.”