Quantcast

rampage, dammit

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Please cut Jackalope some slack. He is peaking for his upcoming local crossfit tournament and he is working on his weight-lifting and jumping jacks intervals technique...and mixing protein shakes.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
I really thought Claudio was going to piss his pants a couple of times. You can feel his fear at the end of the clip, when he remains sitting on the floor. His legs should have felt like jelly by then.
Who are you to say he didn't? Props to him for even trying. I don't think I'd want to walk that!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I really thought Claudio was going to piss his pants a couple of times. You can feel his fear at the end of the clip, when he remains sitting on the floor. His legs should have felt like jelly by then.
Imagine any rm or pinkbike armchair freerider doing that when Claudio is still fast enough to compete with top WC pros in dh as his not so old Leogang stint showed us.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Who are you to say he didn't? Props to him for even trying. I don't think I'd want to walk that!
Imagine any rm or pinkbike armchair freerider doing that when Claudio is still fast enough to compete with top WC pros in dh as his not so old Leogang stint showed us.
I know, I know, I wasn't trying to talk him down. My point was more along norbar's lines. I imagine if I would stand there in the top of the mountain I would just throw the bike and run away in tears, looking for a fresh set of underwear.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I know, I know, I wasn't trying to talk him down. My point was more along norbar's lines. I imagine if I would stand there in the top of the mountain I would just throw the bike and run away in tears, looking for a fresh set of underwear.
Waiting for Specialized to sell special rampage branded shit-proof underwear.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Waiting for Specialized to sell special rampage branded shit-proof underwear.
Why? Their athletes just should ride 29ers. They roll over everything and are easier to handle in the gnar.
This is actually why the Claw quit. Doesn't want to be a model for shitproof underwear riding a 29er down Rampage.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Please cut Jackalope some slack. He is peaking for his upcoming local crossfit tournament and he is working on his weight-lifting and jumping jacks intervals technique...and mixing protein shakes.
Close, but I've actually moved on from Crossfit and have now committed to Cross-Shit, which is a new training regime out of Germany. As you might imagine, it involves a lot of saran wrap, A/V plugs, ladies underwear and sauerkraut. But it's produced some great results for me, and I plan on opening up my own Cross-Shit gym soon (looking to name it "Der Latrain"
)

As for my delay in posting a podium prediction, now that I am a sponsored Red Bull athlete (the only Cross-Shitter on their payroll), I was contractually obligated to wait for Claudio to post his course preview first. But now that Claude has his video up, let's get to the business of predicting how the Freeduro event will turn out -

LOCATION - Virgin, Utard. In a desert. A goodly ways from civilization. Btw, the whole "Virgin" thing reminded me of the Red Fang show I went to last night, as the band which played before Red Fang was called the Whores. I got there right after they finished, but I am told by reliable sources that they destroyed and are not to ever be missed again in the future. They also have kick ass T-shirts.

WEATHER - desert

POINTS OF CONCERN - gravity, those weird bushes that seems to stop pedals immediately, moon dust, no trauma center onsite, canned Red Bull products, Kelly McGarry, cantaloupe sized man sacks, death, Red Bull "announcers".

BIKES - yes

WHEELS - Not for long

Ok, with all that in mind, here's the likely outcome:

1. Matt (@mtg) - Shocking as it may seem, our very own resident bikegineer takes the top step and the oversized 1st place check that goes with it. Matt takes advantage of this format to not only showcase his recently acquired back flip tricks (see below):

but the new GG Fatride bike, which of course is the worlds first freeride fat bike. Word on the street is it will be christened the "Morbidly Obeast"...more to come from GG on that.

2. Norbs - Robbed...the Coastal Crew secretly celebrates.

3. Joshua Bender - the god father of freeride make a spectacular come back to the scene, and this time he doesn't even bother showing up with a bike. Instead, the apparently immortal Bender just hucks himself off a 90 foot cliff and somehow pinballs through the inflatable Red Bull finish line arch. After eventually waking up and applying a little duct tape, Bender takes the 3rd and final podium step.

Honorable Mentions - the Russian judge who robbed Norbs, whatever bike Kelly McGarry is on, Red Bull for actually sponsoring this crazy ass event.

Last edited:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Aggy sitting in first after round one of Qualis. Hope he can keep it together and get a clean run in the main event.

Also, apparently Vink crashed on his mega line, and may be out.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Yeah pretty sure Aggy qualified first last year but got hurt in practice...can anyone confirm?

Bummer about Vink.

Top 11 Athletes from Qualifying that are moving into Friday's Red Bull Rampage Finals:

1 - Graham Agassiz - 89.25
2 - Antoine Bizet - 86
3 - Tyler McCaul - 82
4 - Logan Binggeli - 81
5 - Darren Berrecloth - 80.75
6 - Pierre Edouard Ferry - 80.50
7 - Thomas Genon - 80
8 - Remy Metailler - 79.50
9 - Ryan Howard - 79
10 - Sam Reynolds - 78.75
11 - Bas Van Steenbergen - 78.75

EDIT: R-Dog is in!

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
dang it! I really wanted to see Vink ride his line! :(

Hopefully he can heal up before finals!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Thought he was protected, but thanks anyway fucko!
Looks like he wasn't, which sucks. Everyone wanted to see him hit it. "Safe" riders are:
- Brandon Semenuk
- Brett Rheeder
- Kyle Norbraten
- Mitch Chubey
- Kurt Sorge
- Brendan Fairclough
- Kelly McGarry
- Szymon Godziek
- Andreu Lacondeguy
- Cam Zink
- Kyle Strait
- Jeff Herbertson