Quantcast

Push's $2,600 fork is absurd

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i will match all your overpriced nonsense and raise you a pair of $500 mtb overalls

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
skiing our here got insanely expensive the past 4-5 seasons. $200+-ish for many/most resorts.

anyway back to the fork. @PUSHIND thanks for chiming in on tech, popcorn valves, and ridemonkey economics. Anything else you can share about internals, performance (I know, most advanced damper...) that we can geek out on?

Everyone said the same things about cost when the Eleven Six was released, as I recall.
How many of those things have you sold since launch?
:D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
skiing our here got insanely expensive the past 4-5 seasons. $200+-ish for many/most resorts.

anyway back to the fork. @PUSHIND thanks for chiming in on tech, popcorn valves, and ridemonkey economics. Anything else you can share about internals, performance (I know, most advanced damper...) that we can geek out on?

Everyone said the same things about cost when the Eleven Six was released, as I recall.
How many of those things have you sold since launch?
:D
Last week I overheard someone commenting on a $9.00 taco as 'reasonable'

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Sometimes I forget you mean US pricing. I just checked and that PUSH fork is $4000 AUD. Holy hell.

Out of interest - what did the SPV Dorado cost when it came out in the US? That was bonkers expensive over here (like $3K but in 2005 or whatever).

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
So what I'm gathering from all of this ski talk is that this thread should be renamed "Push's $2,600 fork is absurdly well priced" ? :D
Yes. This.
I'm reconsidering, maybe I do need this fork.

Would go well with a elevensix
Yes you do. Everything is better when it's Push. I'm actually serious on that one.

Speaking of serious:

I heard they're doing 11.6oz filet mignon. Pushed. of course. I'm totally down with that. As long as it's not covered in bacon. But actually, I'm not opposed to the bacon option, either. I'll just take the suspension fluid on the side. No rock shox butter cream, please :D

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
So what I'm gathering from all of this ski talk is that this thread should be renamed "Push's $2,600 fork is absurdly well priced" ? :D
You must have been drinking Darren, if that's what you've got from this. The UK pricing is absurd at £2600 though!

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
Who will be the first to get one?
The first one was shipped weeks ago!

You must have been drinking Darren, if that's what you've got from this. The UK pricing is absurd at £2600 though!
Have a pint in Earls Court and the fork will seem like a steal compared to the 384 Range Rovers that pass by! :D

Kidding aside, I realize that it's very expensive. We build a different type of product.

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
Nope. I will hang shit on anyone that buys one. We making our sport exclusive? It shouldn’t be. Rich Joe will be equally slow on this fork as say his 36.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Nope. I will hang shit on anyone that buys one. We making our sport exclusive? It shouldn’t be. Rich Joe will be equally slow on this fork as say his 36.
last time i checked the introduction of an expensive / top end product had no impact on the price of entry level equipment.

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
I don't understand the idea of shitting on someone that can afford one or the idea that if they can afford our suspension that they're automatically slow or unskilled.

It's not about exclusivity, it's about product performance and scale of business. Rock Shox and FOX are enormous OEM companies with significant resources. We are not. We are a small team of people in Colorado focused on building small-volume aftermarket performance products.

Shit on me for my decision to build a factory in Colorado using a skilled workforce, or my product decisions. Please don't shit on our customers who purchase and support our company.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Yes, even if they're dentists.
I am a poor trail ninja that wants suspension products that going boing boing and dont wallow out in a season. I absolutely dont care about knobs and clicks. I just want it to soften the blow when I am about to eat shit/case something.

Like a coil fork with no bells and whistles that costs under a grand! Take my tokens!!

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Shit on me for my decision to build a factory in Colorado using a skilled workforce, or my product decisions. Please don't shit on our customers who purchase and support our company.
I am one of your customers, that is why I made the thread.
if I start making money like I did a couple years ago I might buy the form. I’ll be the mid 40’s guy riding slow with it. Mostly because I’m just out of shape.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
You have to be an idiot to pay $2600 freedom bucks for a fork!
Totally agree with you.
But just to put some context on it the UK RRP of a BOXXER is actually £2099 (or $2700 USD at the current exchange rate. Almost makes this Push thing seem reasonable.

Except. Cycling is a fucking stupid hobby. And some of its enthusiasts actually do pay full UK RRP for stuff.
Yeah. Mental.