Quantcast

Push's $2,600 fork is absurd

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
No doubt. But that was also part of my point. The US doesn't seem particularly representative. a quick google suggests 0.5% of americans cycle to work for instance. Here it's around 6%. And we're backwards AF for cycling infrastructure in the grand scheme of things.
Your infrastructure was built in the era of horse and buggy when few could afford a horse.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
When I went to Europe(London) for the first time a few months ago I was blown away from the number of people commuting on bikes. All I see in the large cities in the USA is people on electric scooters. Crackheads, bums and the occasional weirdo ride bikes around. Usually shit bikes from what I’ve seen.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
When I went to Europe(London) for the first time a few months ago I was blown away from the number of people commuting on bikes. All I see in the large cities in the USA is people on electric scooters. Crackheads, bums and the occasional weirdo ride bikes around. Usually shit bikes from what I’ve seen.

I live in a very walkable bikeable area and a large number of people do commute by bike. This is Largely do to it having grown before cars were available/affordable. The US population has grown approximately 350% since the age of the the car where as the UK has grown by 50% in the same time.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Nah. They're HR Geiger edition. To match the derailleur, rotors and rotten penis shock

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
@PUSHIND , since we have your attention - does Push provide tuning service for the SV Eight? Say for example the customer has a bike with a highly progressive leverage rate that would benefit a progressive rebound tune?

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
@PUSHIND , since we have your attention - does Push provide tuning service for the SV Eight? Say for example the customer has a bike with a highly progressive leverage rate that would benefit a progressive rebound tune?
Yes, the SV8 is a completely tuneable platform. That being said, a progressive tune isn't really something I would recommend for rebound in a coil shock.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
For your benefit, I'll just get this out of the way....It's the most advanced damper to ever hit the trail!:D

Seriously though....the damper is unique. Traditional parabolic needles for both low speed circuits, shimmed HSR, Shimmed LSC and spring preload for HSC with interchangeable HSC springs. Hybrid pressurized twin chamber design with IFP. There is an interchangeable coil spring for preloading the IFP when out of the fork...ie....bleeding/servicing. With the inverted design there isn't really oil inside the leg with the damper so we don't have an ingestion issue. Lubrication is kept in the outer tube.

It's highly tuneable.
I have a dumb question, have you experimented with different types of hubs to see if it changes the torsional(wrong term?) stiffness at all?
In my non engineer head I think a hub like a Hadley with a proper axle and preload assembly would keep the fork stiffer than a hub that has a spacer tube and has the bearings using the thru bolt as an axle.

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
I have a dumb question, have you experimented with different types of hubs to see if it changes the torsional(wrong term?) stiffness at all?
In my non engineer head I think a hub like a Hadley with a proper axle and preload assembly would keep the fork stiffer than a hub that has a spacer tube and has the bearings using the thru bolt as an axle.
Yes, we tested a number of different axle and hub setups. We ultimately ended up going with a floating axle system which gives us the most flexibility when it comes to adjusting hub bearing pressure. There's so much that comes from actual wheel stiffness as well.