Quantcast

Push's $2,600 fork is absurd

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
It's the most advanced suspension fork to ever hit the trail
Hey Brother, I Love the Entrance. Perfect.

I feel like this is the right moment. Off Topic per Monkey way.

Is what I want(and the Monkeys),is a Proper “DC 4” + Fork”? Yes Brother,they want it,and they need It! Fuck,do it Bother way’s,Moto Style and not. Give them Both so they Shut the Fuck Up! HardTail? Here it is. Squish? Here it is.

If you listen to me,and perform properly,I will Forever,take Credit.

For the “ReBirh of the idea“,of You making the Fork.

Avy

Last edited:

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
You have to be an idiot to pay $2600 freedom bucks for a fork!
For all the Virtuing for the rights of whatever sub-minority is popular in the media or mediums with the Pinkbikers…this shit stinks of Hypocrisy. So really it’s epitome of Enduro and deserves all the accolades it can in that realm.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Pretty sure most people here can afford that fork as this forum is for old people. It's just everyone here likes to complain and talk shit about literally everything their eyes can see.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Fork looks sick. I just think they should just go all in with the marketing of it.
Call the fork:

The Push NFTP
Not for the Poors
"Forks for people who try at life."

If you are gonna get the hate anyway might as well embrace it.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I mean the avalanche fork has been wicked expensive since it came out...back when other forks were half the price. I don't think the price of this is absurd from a "get what you pay for" standpoint. There are people out there that buy $1000 forks then hang a $400 damper and $300 air spring mod on it....this just puts all of that junk into one package. Plus US made by little guys. I will never not question an inverted single crown fork for MTB (even a dual crown is a big ???) but if you want the best, there's a fair crack this is it. It won't make a lick of difference for the average joe, but some people like hanging weird shit on their bikes....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I for one trust all the successful businessmen here that the fork costs too much. Clearly the people who sell all of their expensive shit don't know what they are doing. Perhaps they should see if they can hire the GG guys as consultants.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I dont mind dropping big coin on suspension, especially considering how much I spend on jeeps and motos but in those instances I know what they can do, they have the support and useful metrics over time and most importantly have the bugs worked out and have plenty of end user comparisons and reviews. But to buy the first version of anything is not my forte'. Id rather wait for the groms with daddys money to do teardowns and flogging vids before I decide to throw money out the window on the latest kashima kissed, root beer anodized, trending wingding of bike jewelry.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Id rather have a zeb/38 type chassis and then go all out with the damper…as in not-poppet-valve.

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
Id rather have a zeb/38 type chassis and then go all out with the damper…as in not-poppet-valve.
What is it that you're able to do with other dampers that you're not able to do with a NINE.ONE damper? I'm surprised that you've already had a NINE.ONE damper apart to examine it.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I think a lot of you guys are missing the point on who this fork (and shock TBH) are appealing to: people who want something that will be shipped to them with very specific settings based on their inputs on a web form, and are willing to pay extra not to have to think about the settings. Push's closest competitor (EXT) doesn't provide nearly the same level of specificity in their tuning suggestions, and has a somewhat different tuning feel.

It's not interesting to me, but it doesn't mean that there's not other people who will gladly pay what they're asking for it.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
but wouldn't the inverted chassis/bushing designs, assuming they did it 'right', make all the difference?
Damping IME is more important. Lubrication is important though, so a good open bath design solves that. Inverted requires exotic engineering to get a chassis that works at least as well for torsion, and it still leaves you with the negative that if a seal fails during a ride, it hoses your brake. Exotic engineering is exactly what we have here with the crown design…which can work…but costs a lot to work as well as a standard fork. Monies can be better spent in other areas IME.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
What is it that you're able to do with other dampers that you're not able to do with a NINE.ONE damper? I'm surprised that you've already had a NINE.ONE damper apart to examine it.
You were the same guy that claimed up and down the HC97 did not use a POPPET VALVE…and then you went on to exactly describe a POPPET VALVE as the compression valving…if you want to go there?

Last edited:

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
Damping IME is more important. Lubrication is important though, so a good open bath design solves that. Inverted requires exotic engineering to get a chassis that works at least as well for torsion, and it still leaves you with the negative that if a seal fails during a ride, it hoses your brake. Exotic engineering is exactly what we have here with the crown design…which can work…but costs a lot to work as well as a standard fork. Monies can be better spent in other areas IME.
1. What is the difference between "exotic engineering" and "engineering"?

2. You mention that "monies can be better spent". What would be an example of that?

You were the same guy that claimed up and down the HC97 did not use a POPPET VALVE…and then you went on to exactly describe a POPPET VALVE as the compression valving…if you want to go there?
What does HC97 have to do with the NINE.ONE fork?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

2. You mention that "monies can be better spent". What would be an example of that?

What does HC97 have to do with the NINE.ONE fork?
You seem to love to play the word games, and at this point, I consider it to be purposefully deceitful. The riders on this board are smart enough to figure it out themselves. Ive said before on MTBR that you seem to not want to actually address things, but play further games, and since you are pressing the issue, I’ll bite: I think there is something you intrinsically miss with your supension analysis of forces and speeds and implementation of poppet valves in fork dampers, hence my original comment.

You are 100% able to post here, but this isn’t Darren’s thread on the Push inverted fork, this is Ridemonkey’s thread on the same. So we will discuss it and various branching topics…that dont need your approval.

Last edited:

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
You seem to love to play the word games, and at this point, I consider it to be purposefully deceitful. The riders on this board are smart enough to figure it out themselves. Ive said before on MTBR that you seem to not want to actually address things, but play further games, and since you are pressing the issue, I’ll bite: I think there is something you intrinsically miss with your supension analysis of forces and speeds and implementation of poppet valves in fork dampers, hence my original comment.

You are 100% able to post here, but this isn’t Darren’s thread on the Push inverted fork, this is Ridemonkey’s thread on the same. So we will discuss it and various branching topics…that dont need your approval.
Jm....how can I help? If you have a question just ask.

Below are some questions that I had regarding your post:

3. What does HC97 have to do with the NINE.ONE fork?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Jm....how can I help? If you have a question just ask.

Below are some questions that I had regarding your post:

3. What does HC97 have to do with the NINE.ONE fork?
1 exotic engineering is like regular engineering, but with blackjack and hookers

2 jb weld and duct tape for "Alaska engineering"

3 back in his day, uphill both ways

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
It feels like some of you grumpy geezers didn't get your nap in. I for one am glad to have Push post on this thread. Industry input keeps things interesting and is a nice way to find out more about new product introductions.