Quantcast

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Is he even making contact? This looks like a drama class skit to me... :think:
Not all are making contact, but enough are. You see someone who actually knows how to fight here reacting accordingly to a threat. He knows that he has two opponents, so he seperates and attacks. Each time he has a failed contact he has a follow up, you see an entry, an atttack and an exit to were he reevaluates wwere his opponents are at. Looks more like a trained boxer than a fighter, with a fighter you would expect to see some kicks added in for good measure.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Not all are making contact, but enough are. You see someone who actually knows how to fight here reacting accordingly to a threat. He knows that he has two opponents, so he seperates and attacks. Each time he has a failed contact he has a follow up, you see an entry, an atttack and an exit to were he reevaluates wwere his opponents are at. Looks more like a trained boxer than a fighter, with a fighter you would expect to see some kicks added in for good measure.
18 punches is all he threw. Of the first 5 he threw at the first guy, the first 2 didn't connect. Punches 3,4 and 5 connected. Next 3 were at guy #2. First one connected, next missed and 3rd one put him on the ground. Back to guy 1, first one missed, next one connected squarely in the face (you can see his head snap back) and he was clearly falling backwards, trying to maintain his balance. The next 3 missed as he was following him as he fell. Guy 1 tries to get up, but his foot got caught and he fell again. Return to guy 2, first 3 punches miss, and he connects with his last punch.

He was never concerned that some of his punches were not hitting the mark, it didn't matter. What mattered was the end result, a perceived threat was neutralized.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Ahem, remember when we were roommates? Hwang was taking his life into his own hands every time he entered the house.

I'm trying to find the video of us capturing him in the round chair.
He's Chinese though. Or Korean. He has to know karate. He felt safe all along.

Though I still can't believe he let me drive his parent's Lexus.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
18 punches is all he threw. Of the first 5 he threw at the first guy, the first 2 didn't connect. Punches 3,4 and 5 connected. Next 3 were at guy #2. First one connected, next missed and 3rd one put him on the ground. Back to guy 1, first one missed, next one connected squarely in the face (you can see his head snap back) and he was clearly falling backwards, trying to maintain his balance. The next 3 missed as he was following him as he fell. Guy 1 tries to get up, but his foot got caught and he fell again. Return to guy 2, first 3 punches miss, and he connects with his last punch.

He was never concerned that some of his punches were not hitting the mark, it didn't matter. What mattered was the end result, a perceived threat was neutralized.
You do realize that an actual trained fighter lands 3 out of 4 on those walking face foamers, right? If you are of the notion that he was a decent fighter in that instance, I would love to see what you call a bad fighter.

A drunk on a full bender lands more targets than Captain Stretch Kit did.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head

Never said he was good at it, but that you can see he has trained...

You do realize that an actual trained fighter lands 3 out of 4 on those walking face foamers, right? If you are of the notion that he was a decent fighter in that instance, I would love to see what you call a bad fighter.

A drunk on a full bender lands more targets than Captain Stretch Kit did.
You would be suprised how many blows a trained fighter will miss in a street fight with an untrained opponent. But as Quo Fan said it... the end result is what mattered..... There may have been multiple blows thrown, but its the ones making contact that count.

BUT what you dont see in the gif that you do see in teh video is that after the smaller incident is over, the two that got slapped go back after the guy and you dont get to se what happens then....