Quantcast

Post the 1 pic of you you're most proud of from this season

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
F**kin DAMN man... how big is that jump!? Might be just a tricky camera angle but to me that looks to be a good 40ft at least. In any case, respect!

Unfortunately I got very few photos of myself, partly because I ride like a bit of a pussy and partly because I hardly ever stop and get photos, so gonna have to go with this one as far as "proud of" goes:

Those who've spent much time at Whistler will know where this is. It's not really that hard to ride (like most things, when you actually hit them), but it's pretty intimidating the first time.
I shot it with a pretty wide lens at probably 10mm, but that's about how it looked. It was about 40'.

edit: he beat me to it...

jhazard

Chimp
Dec 28, 2008
Durango, CO
Season was cut short by breaking a couple bones in my hand... just after getting my ride together. Also - these are my first broken bones...

Repaired with a few screws and all that.

Healing was slower than I would have liked, but I was on the bike again in almost exactly 8 weeks. Enough time to enter my first dh race.

(Self Portrait) Pancoaster trail at Telluride, site of the 12 hr dh.

And managed to get out a bit and just ride some stuff. Nothing huge (for me anyhow) but its a progression for me...

(Photo by Ben Nance - my fav image of the year so far...)

Last edited:

Vena

Monkey
Aug 30, 2007
Italy
Is this Pieve di Teco (ITA)? I was there this spring...
Yes, you got it...the shoot was taken in Pieve di Teco. Its a great place to ride in the off season...the weather is warm also during the coldest months

Last edited:

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Got my 8 year old son riding earlier this year.

This is him hitting a little jump at Snowshoe. It has a perfect roll into it and and smooth landing, the perfect place for an 8 year old to play. He must have hit it 100 times that weekend.

bobushka king

Irontaint
Jun 26, 2007
not overly proud of it, but this defines my riding season

shattered a bone in my foot the second time riding this season (early may), needed to get the bone reset and a few screws to hold it in place. Couldn't put any weight on it for over 3 months while it healed. Took six months but I'm now back on the bike and still doing crazy crap :D

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Can't really post just one...and besides I'm really bored since it's raining too hard to ride outside.

Practice at Angel Fire, NM...the day before I broke my hand in 4 places.

Race run at the National Championships in Sol Vista. Apx. 1min. before I dislocated my shoulder and gave myself an awesome concussion. First race back on my bike after I broke my hand :(

Qualifying run in Snowmass, CO.

Couple weeks ago at the Southridge Annual Race in Fontana, CA. Forgot who took the photo (someone on here), but thanks!!
Also, thanks to my buddy for letting me borrow his bike for that race (my bike is being built up right now).

Last edited:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog

Those who've spent much time at Whistler will know where this is. It's not really that hard to ride (like most things, when you actually hit them), but it's pretty intimidating the first time.
Is that off of one of the first turns when goats gully goes to hell? If so it has never been dry enough for me attempt that in my time at whistler...I love those sniper lines that garbonzo has that you start to see after you have ridden there a bit.

rad pic regardless, funny how you can never tell how steep stuff is...

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Is that off of one of the first turns when goats gully goes to hell? If so it has never been dry enough for me attempt that in my time at whistler...I love those sniper lines that garbonzo has that you start to see after you have ridden there a bit.

rad pic regardless, funny how you can never tell how steep stuff is...
Yeah after it starts to get steep I think it's about 3 corners in, off that wooden bridge. That's just one of many "steep" lines on that track, if you ever get the chance to watch/follow Jack Reading down Goats Gully then I highly recommend it (ok, wouldn't follow too closely nor at even half the speed he hits stuff at, but watching is impressive!)

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
I need to stop seeing that photo.

Me friend getting his photo, and me getting my riding into a big magazine was pretty damn cool!