Quantcast

post a recent NBR pic thread........

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
hot rod art

Not my picture. I will post one of those later.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
bridgeport... the oldest covered bridge in the USA... about 5 miles or so down the road from my house... great swimming spot as well...

johne checks the view while wishing he was back in the desert...

the view of the river from where johne stands...

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
damn glad i resurrected this thread....some good stuff showing up in here. good work to everyone!!!

splat

Nam I am
African Grey?
Yup

:thumb:

how's the camera treating you?

i just got back from Sonic Youth where i filled two 2GB cards w/ RAW files...i know what i'm spending my labor day doing...
We really like it . amazing how many improvemnts from the 300D to the 350D, the focus appears to be cripser , the Instant on is really nice ( the 300 took about 5 seconds before it wasready to shoot. fits my Wifes hand better and the sequencing is Much much Faster ( check the ride reports , the last 3 photos ) and Nicer ! and I think We have only scratched the surface of the improvemnts. also ( this may sound funny ) but it is a Nicer charger and the placement of the timer button is much beter.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
Cool technique...I think I like the flower image the best. The flag doesn't do well with :cheers: ....makes me feel dizzy. :happydance:

Where's my d*mn sunflower? :banghead:

:cupidarrow:

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
EVer have an "almost" shot? I wish I had some time to really set this one up, but with weddings you gotta be on the fly :(
Tripod is a wedding guest crouched in front of that table, remote flash held about 2 feet off the ground pointed up.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
Yeah... I have a lot of "almost shots"...especially when it comes to bike shots. But hey...that was a cool shot still. Sometimes credit has to be given to a "almost shot"!! Anyone can learn the technique...but you can't learn to have an "eye" for a shot.

Big_Papa1080

Village Idiot
Dec 10, 2001
Fairbanks, Alaska
oh my god, GIs at the bar... time to leave :)

gotta love german brew... looks like u guys are partial to the hefe..
hefe is good stuff, kinda partial to kristallwiessentho but they didnt have it at that particular place, in the secfond pic im drinking Kilkenney, which is damned good if you havent had it

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
BAH, always great to see yr stuff. the idea of the 1st one is great, just a bit of blown highlights (made tougher by the white dress i'm sure)

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
Thanks for the props on the duck shot... I chose the selective color due to the yellow being the only interesting color from the original photo.

(i like beer)

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
BAH, always great to see yr stuff. the idea of the 1st one is great, just a bit of blown highlights (made tougher by the white dress i'm sure)
Yeah I know I know dont have to rub it in :bonk:
I'm sure I could have figured something out with time, but with not time and the fact that I had to have a pretty powerful flash to project the shadow that far and defined. Plus being 3 feet from a brilliant white dress in pitch black darkness , well... :biggrin: