Quantcast

Pictures of you riding a mountain bike (Any wheelsize and type of MTB allowed)

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
nice!
although that last jump looks to have an uphill landing? the anti-tranny?? :D
Ah that one isn't too bad actually. Its just hidden under all the scrub and stuff. The first one I cased so hard the first time... the lads are still giving me shit about it. I slipped a pedal but thought I still had the pace.... Whoops. The orings indicated full use of the fun-o-meters.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Ah that one isn't too bad actually. Its just hidden under all the scrub and stuff. The first one I cased so hard the first time... the lads are still giving me shit about it. I slipped a pedal but thought I still had the pace.... Whoops. The orings indicated full use of the fun-o-meters.
Yeah Toodles! Send it!

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018

Ramp made of bamboo and plywood amongst the mango trees. No fruits yet though. The nice people living in the little hut offered us jack fruit. We politely declined because covid-19 (screw you covid!). The fruit looked delicious too. Oh, that blob of pixels trying to jump off the ramp is me.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
screen grab from a crappy cell phone video from this weekend at the indoor pump track
1606750346501.png

I wasn't feeling particularly great this weekend, wasn't getting the pop I had been getting previously. But it was nice to ride with buddies, as I'm usually there with my kids. I've never seen a video of myself riding here, and I could clearly see that I was still sucking up the "pop" at the lip instead of going with it and getting full amplitude.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
screen grab from a crappy cell phone video from this weekend at the indoor pump track
View attachment 152971

I wasn't feeling particularly great this weekend, wasn't getting the pop I had been getting previously. But it was nice to ride with buddies, as I'm usually there with my kids. I've never seen a video of myself riding here, and I could clearly see that I was still sucking up the "pop" at the lip instead of going with it and getting full amplitude.

Clearly a photoshop. You forgot to fix your scooter shadow.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Clearly a photoshop. You forgot to fix your scooter shadow.
This weekend was the first time I saw bikes outnumber scooters there. I was there with two other buddies, and as part of the over-40 crowd, we were obviously on dirt jumpers. There was another crew of 5 guys (20-somethings), 3 on BMX, one on a DJ, and one on a scooter (how his buddies didn't tease him mercilessly is beyond me!). There was one weirdo on roller skates (how are those even still a thing?!), a couple of skaters, and a handful of scooters. There's no doubt the scooter kids put us all to shame (360 bar spins, triple tail whips, backflips galore), but still, they're scooters. You can't grow old with those. better to get good at something that you can grow with IMHO!!! Like skateboards or BMX - at least that's what I tell my kids!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This weekend was the first time I saw bikes outnumber scooters there. I was there with two other buddies, and as part of the over-40 crowd, we were obviously on dirt jumpers. There was another crew of 5 guys (20-somethings), 3 on BMX, one on a DJ, and one on a scooter (how his buddies didn't tease him mercilessly is beyond me!). There was one weirdo on roller skates (how are those even still a thing?!), a couple of skaters, and a handful of scooters. There's no doubt the scooter kids put us all to shame (360 bar spins, triple tail whips, backflips galore), but still, they're scooters. You can't grow old with those. better to get good at something that you can grow with IMHO!!! Like skateboards or BMX - at least that's what I tell my kids!

My neighborhood is overrun with kids on scooters wearing Thrasher t-shirts. I can't help but to shake my head in disappointment.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:rofl:

Still up on Phinney?

Yup. I didn't even know there were kids in my neighborhood until the pandemic hit. I don't know where parents were storing them, but I can't wait until they go back. We should grab a beer again once this blows over, you still in Green Lake?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yup. I didn't even know there were kids in my neighborhood until the pandemic hit. I don't know where parents were storing them, but I can't wait until they go back. We should grab a beer again once this blows over, you still in Green Lake?
We should. I'm in Ballard now, so still close.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Cellphone photos so garbage quality and the bike was too large so my position was wonky but I still loved that day of riding.

MrBaker87

Monkey
Mar 30, 2014
neverlandranch

Oh hey gais, i am in mt. Baker (south Seattle)

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Ack...a DH bike and it's a 276 mullet :panic:

Got an idea he says.
Got a great angle he says.
Come off the ramp early he says.

Blue - Haole TNF 2..jpg

Could you at least get the right thing in focus I said. :disgust1::mad:

Last edited:

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 7.28.21 AM.png

Richard Lancaster aboard my Zerode G1 during testing on one of Californias more technical trails.

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 7.28.39 AM.png

Kiran MacKinnon in SC near the water after a day of SH shooting. I don't ride just shoot when I do nobody wants to see the photos including me.....

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Wait, wut? Lux is still alive?! Hells yeah! Where you stay these days?
Ha! Yeah. Still in Wilmington. Went through scary cancer treatment few years back. Been back riding a few years now too. (Stopped riding MTB around ‘09 after smashing a bunch of ribs on a renegade trail near Pine Mt. California).

(Also been lurking here a few years too. Finally decided to pipe up)

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 9.15.57 AM.png

Found these while looking at Google Drive. This was the weekend before the idiots that run Santa Cruz decided that Post Office jumps should go. This is the larger line would guess the lips are around 6 feet or so...

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
View attachment 158495

Found these while looking at Google Drive. This was the weekend before the idiots that run Santa Cruz decided that Post Office jumps should go. This is the larger line would guess the lips are around 6 feet or so...
Always good pics...and as always super clean...
always inspiring....

Didn't realize they tore down the Post Office...man the shots that used to come out of there were good..good riders...

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
I wish I had gone more. That was the only time I had been there with good riders out in numbers. Had driven by once before and it was a bunch of 12 year old out there cutting their teeth and learning so didn't hang out. Yeah, I think the land was gonna be developed....
Thanks

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 9.16.48 AM.png

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I wish I had gone more. That was the only time I had been there with good riders out in numbers. Had driven by once before and it was a bunch of 12 year old out there cutting their teeth and learning so didn't hang out. Yeah, I think the land was gonna be developed....
Thanks

View attachment 158504
Thats another badass pic...yeah that sucks...you catch em at the right time and focus is always spot on