Quantcast

Pedals

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
My Azonic A-Frames came in last week. They grip my ragged out Vans like glue, have a large platform, and seem to be strong.

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
Why not just use the Shinburger pedals...
Good and Strong and Plenty Grippy for all your DH flat pedal needs...

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
the specialized ones are damn good.

also shimano dx ones are super nice and light.

jim c pedals are good too

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
DH biker said:
Why not just use the Shinburger pedals...
Good and Strong and Plenty Grippy for all your DH flat pedal needs...
a buddy of mine has the bmw pedals, and theyd ont seem to grip my feet as much as id enjoy

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
I guess you may have to have the right shoes. I have Vans shoes and they grip great. If you have the wrong type I guess they might not??? Work boots work great too... :)

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Specialized Lo-Pro's and Shimano DX are my two personal favorites but if you are either a meat hucker or worse yet a meat hucker with huge feet, the shinburgers are the best choice. I have two buddie who are size 13+ and they LOVE the shinburgers for their large platform.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I rode Shinburgers and they didn't seem nearly as grippy as my A-Frames. I was wearing Vans, too. I just tried Supergo flats and they have sweet pins and lots of concave. The Azonic MTN-X pedals look like XTensions on steriods.

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
I don't know as I have never tried the A-Frames but my BMW shinburger's seem plenty grippy. I heard that the newer ones aren't as grippy though... that true?
I have the old one's though.

A

Achtung

I have the Zu-Zu's as well and they provide great traction I just wish they were bigger..but then again I wear 12's

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Dude, buy the cheapest pair of flat pedals s you can with decent feel and cleats and just get a pair of FIVE TEN IMPACT SHOES! The type of pedal WILL NOT MATTER if you get those shoes.

Last week, I gave my 2 teammates their shoes and they rode them for the first time ever. Both, like me, ride clipless exclusively and were both astonished after we did just one run. The pedal will just not matter if you ride in these shoes. There is no other shoe that does what these do. I promise.

www.fiveten.com

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I know a local guy who has Shinburgers on his BMW TMX. I've taken his bike for a spin a couple of times and simply don't find that the pedals grip that well. This is wearing Vans waffle-pattern shoes, incidentally, which grip great on most pedals.

Nice big platform, and they sure look cool, but I can't see spending that much money and risking that much leg damage when the pedal doesn't grip very well.

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
AR_ said:
Assault mx 100s. Heavy, but bloody grippy. Much grippier than BMW shinburgers, too.
Assault Racing went belly up, so much for the lifetime warrenty or whatever on their pedals.

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
tioga mx pedals. i love them your able to put about 30 pins per pedal if you choose. supper grippy with vans waffle pattern. and every shoe you wanted to use. supper light and extremely grippy and extremely durable. ive had mine on my rig for about 9 months and have had no problems with them at all.

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
AR_ said:
Yeah they did. I got mine second hand. Doesn't mean they're not a badass pair of pedals though. I honestly cant see mine breaking anytime soon, lifetime warranty or not.
I agree they are cool pedals, its not cool that they went under. Incase someone was looking to get these pedals, I just wanted them to know the company wasn't around anymore.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
sn0wboarder said:
WORD! I've had mine for 3 years now on 3 different frames. and they only cost $40.

thats about 2 years and 48 weeks more than mine lasted.... those things sh1t themselves when they come within 5 metres of a rock...

dmr v8s

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I just got a pair of the Atomlab trail pimp pedals and I am very happy with them. If interested pm me.. I think i can get them for $80-$85 shipped to you

santacruzer87

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
On my bicycle
XPED pedals. The thinner the pedal the better your feet grip to them. If you get really thin pedals like XPEDs or mat atom labs then clipless are amost unnecesary.

-Ryan

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Easton Cully's - expensive yes! but you have one kick ass company standing behind their products. I've had nothing but great CS from Easton. Yes, granted their bearings tend to get a bit sloppy after a while - they've taken care of me every single time I've sent my pedals back. In many case sending me brand new ones.

heck...once I sent them a pair of cully's – they were so torn up by rocks that they were almost completely silver. They had no pins and looked like shait – also two years old. I asked them to completely ignore the body, and concentrate on the bearings, which had developed a tad bit of play.

A week after I had a brand new set of pedals…how cool is that!! :cool:

I use Woodman Pins on mine and they give you heaps of grip.