Quantcast

Pedals

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Those woodman pins look nice. My one complaint with DX's is that once the pins are smashed they are hard if not impossible to replace, it looks like those pins will take a beating and stil come out easy. That's what I like about the SPecialized pedals I'm running now the pins thread in from the back, plus the platform is super thin and the body is magnesium. They are also about an ounce lighter than the Cully's

Check out Lee McCormack's review of the Lo-Pro HERE

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I have the Ringle ZuZu's on one bike and Shimano DX on the other. I like the feel/spin of the Shimano way over the ZuZu's. The Ringle's were cheap and I needed another set of flat pedals.

With concerns to the pins they all will sheer off unless it's more of a track spike/not a point pin. Those set screws are tiny and I've had my fun trying to get them out. If the DX was only setup to accept pins like the Atom lab/Truvativ/Specialized pedals then they would rock. I dunno but I don't think Shimano was thinking of downhill with the DX as I thought they were BMX pedals???

Overall the DX's rock for me. You can usually find them cheaper than the online places as they are close to $90 retail.

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
i have on one bike BMW but i have bike just 2 or 3 weeks so, bike is karpiel and it is just for drops but on morphine i was thinking to buy same BMW shinburger, can somebody tell me are those pedals good...

does BMW worth all money which i will give ??

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
I have the Tioga MX Pro's and love them to death. Grip great, fairly light, lo-pro, and so far they seem strong.
I also ride Primo meat tenerizers on my XC bike (I don't know why it is they're on that bike) and they grip like ****. I can see them being great for grinding and other BMX stuff, but they're bad for trail riding. That reminds me, I need to order some new pedals for that bike...

DS Dom

Monkey
Nov 14, 2001
Denver, Co
dexter said:
nycfreeride glory holes or lenosky pedals
If what you want is strong pedals, get these for sure. They are amazingly strong and the pin system is top notch. They are the only pedals that have ever had all their pins more than 2 weeks, and now its over a year later and all the pins are still there. Ive bent cranks and the spindles are still straight. Get these pedals and you wont be dissapointed.