Quantcast

Paging Dr. Ridemonkey...

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I don't have insurance at the moment and google is telling me I have cancer AND aids...

The inside part of my elbow hurts A LOT when I

• turn my wrist towards the outside of my body
  • lift anything, while extending my forearm
There is minimal pain when I don't use my arm.

I've been icing the crap out of it twice daily with zero changes in the pain.

Thoughts/suggestions?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I am no doctor but you should say more about how long this has been going on, any injuries, what sports you do, what work you do.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have had the similar but opposite issue. Outside of the elbow hurts. Symptoms were exactly that of "tennis elbow". However my issue was from digging trails an not sissy court sports. Spent a month or so of icing, NSAIDS and not doing a damn thing. Progress was slow but the last week the pain went away. Then I moved a heavy floor jack in the basement and have been in severe pain for the last two days. I think I have something more than a basic tendon strain.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I have had the similar but opposite issue. Outside of the elbow hurts. Symptoms were exactly that of "tennis elbow". However my issue was from digging trails an not sissy court sports. Spent a month or so of icing, NSAIDS and not doing a damn thing. Progress was slow but the last week the pain went away. Then I moved a heavy floor jack in the basement and have been in severe pain for the last two days. I think I have something more than a basic tendon strain.
THAT sounds like old age. :homer:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I had something similar (well, it was bonafide golf elbow*). It was cured with a mix of pt, and wearing this when doing any activity that lead to inflammation:

*golf elbow caused by landing a drop a little awkward and straining something in my elbow that would not heal on it's own because biking caused inflammation of that something. I don't golf.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
We have a doctor on call? Awesome!

Dear Dr. LeMonkey,

I have bad gas this morning. I think it is because I ate a bunch of cookies and milk at 1AM last night. Other than farting a lot is there anything I can do to get rid of this gas?

Yours Flatulently,
rockofullr

Last edited:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I was working construction (electrical) for a year plus. This injury kind of came and went during that time. Now, I work in a bike shop and this injury showed up and hasn't gone away for about three weeks.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
We have a doctor on call? Awesome!

Dear Dr. LeMonkey,

I have bad gas this morning. I think it is because I ate a bunch of cookies and milk at 1AM last night. Other than farting a lot is there anything I can do to get rid of this gas?

Yours Flatulent,
rockofullr
i learned the hard way not to fart when half asleep when your ass is a leaky spigot....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
One must take into account Ergonomics when you frequently rub one out in awkward places as you get older. Everyone does it no need to hide it anymore.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I had the same kinda thing. Hurts when i extend my arm and rotate. Sleeping with my arm straight has helped a little. I also started lifting a little weight just to see what would happen and it seems to have helped. I started to take glycosamine that helped my wrist as well!!!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
i learned the hard way not to fart when half asleep when your ass is a leaky spigot....
I had to teach my 5 year old to never trust a fart just a couple of weeks ago. The look on his face when he said "papa, i have an accident. i think i pooped my pants. i thought it was a fart" was priceless. I couldn't help but giggle and reassure that it happens to everyone now and again, but the cardinal rule to live by is never trust a fart.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
pnj:

Sounds like a partial tear/bad sprain of the distal head of the biceps tendon. I had a complete rupture of said tendon and it required surgery and 4 months of intensive rehab. Very common injury in males 35-60. go read up on it

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Sounds like tendinitis. Go to a medical supply shop and get an elbow brace. Don't waste your money on the drugstore ones. Wear it when you sleep. It's very important to immobilize it while at rest.

I'm prone to tendinitis and have had it several times. Takes about a year to heal.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
pnj:

Sounds like a partial tear/bad sprain of the distal head of the biceps tendon. I had a complete rupture of said tendon and it required surgery and 4 months of intensive rehab. Very common injury in males 35-60. go read up on it
Masturbation Ergonomics I told you soo....