Quantcast

Ontario DH Endurance Race

kgbdhbiker

Chimp
Apr 2, 2011
Hello,

More directed to Ontario riders as its probably only those who are interested - so hopefully there are some on here like me.

Basically, for the past few years a group of us has held a 10 HR Endurance Race at a central Ontario lift resort. 10am to 8pm. Most runs in the time. We call it the Everest Descent Challenge because if you push, you can get close/or surpass, the magical 25000ft + accumulated vertical! Friends help with lap check ins, etc. No fees - we just pay for the day lift access at the resort.

Its an honour thing, not a trophy or race prize winner thing. The winner is crowned King of the Mountain... A yearly honour!

This year we are thinking of getting a few more riders in from our group of 8-12 usual.

If anyone is interested, let me know - its for fun, but pretty serious! Everyone wants to be the King of the Mountain!! Some guys go balls out for the first few hours and just can't maintain a consistant pace - then more 'seasoned' or like some call me 'ancient' guys ride steady and finish with more accumulated laps in the 10 hrs!! Which would you be?

Anyway, if interested let me know via mail on here or whatever. I can forward the detailed information to anyone interested.

kgbdhbiker

Chimp
Apr 2, 2011
Hi,

Last year I managed 29 total, with a major mechanical... Just shy of 3 an hour. Just about 22000ft total. This year I am going to be better prepared, gunning for 34 runs this year! That would give me the win!!