Quantcast

Official Photo Finder Thread

Aug 25, 2011
West Milford, NJ, 'MERICA
I figured everyone has that photo they want to find and this thread is the place for it!
Also how many of you race, then can't find photos even though there was 100 photographers it seemed?
This is where the links should be posted to races!
I for one hate scavenging for photos and having major event photo links posted here helps everyone!
Such as event coverage, new articles and videos

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
i'm looking for a video, a few years old from innerleithen / UK with danny hart hitting a little kicker and whipping like a madman (this obviously hasn't changed over the years), in the video are also gee and the rest of the UK bunch...

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
There is a black and white photo from about 4 years ago at MSA on the last table tossing down the sickest euro whip ever. Id like to be able to find that again.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
ISO : pic of palmer chasing nico with or throwing a large rock at nico after losing the (i think) '96 worlds.

as advanced payment i give you this:

Aug 25, 2011
West Milford, NJ, 'MERICA
Where can I find this Photo

You guys heard about either Peaty or Minaar overshooting the 60footer at windham and destroying the 40. The internals became outternals. Does anyone have or know where I can find a photo of this? I would really love to see it!

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Hadn't seen this thread before, glad you guys are liking the photo functionality.

In the UK these days pretty much ALL race photography goes through R&R. A typical race will have anything between 1000 and 10000 photos uploaded by a variety of photographers, and they all get tagged by the photographer, me, and the community as a whole over a couple of days.

So NO searching for photos any more, they just show on your pages pretty much automatically. I was bored of searching through thumbnails, so came up with this concept. The key is that the site has all of the race results, so anyone can tag any photo simply by tapping the race plate number in. On facebook you have to know someone to tag them, and there's no central place to go to look for new photos, so the majority of photos go by untagged.

The site has *hundreds* of registered contributors in the UK now, but sadly only a handful in the US.

It's had a bit of a slow take-off in the US - you guys can help. Next time you're trackside at a DH race and you see someone taking photos, ask them if they're going to put them up on R&R.

The more people use it, the better it becomes!

Ta :-)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
ISO : pic of palmer chasing nico with or throwing a large rock at nico after losing the (i think) '96 worlds.
hey, are you sure it's palmer and nico? I found an old mag that has Steve Peat chasing Palmer with a large rock. It's a three shot series, stacked on top of each other.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
hey, are you sure it's palmer and nico? I found an old mag that has Steve Peat chasing Palmer with a large rock. It's a three shot series, stacked on top of each other.
pretty sure. if i remember correctly palmer was shirtless wearing fox moto pants and nico was in a skinsuit, both were grinning/laughing. but post up the pics so we can check them out - it was a long time ago and my amazing memory is less so these days.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
If you remember the magazine, I have a bunch from that era. Not sure which mag it was in but I'll take a look...I was just looking through mountain bike from 97 and 96. I think it was Cairns that year, right? I remember the photo of the giant shark.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Ha, yeah, this what I remembered. It took me forever to find those results through google.

"Steve Peat couldn't repeat last year's perfect performance, but held onto second with Spaniards on his flanks.
Oscar Saiz, who stepped off the World Cup for a little American action, got what he was looking for today. Technical fury, free-wheeling fanatic fans and fast descents feuled Oscar to finish first. Teammate David Vazques also had a near perfect performance through the rock and pulled out a third place"

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
If you remember the magazine, I have a bunch from that era. Not sure which mag it was in but I'll take a look...I was just looking through mountain bike from 97 and 96. I think it was Cairns that year, right? I remember the photo of the giant shark.
it would most likely have been Mountain Bike or MBA (don't judge, it was the 90's) as those were the only two i remember reading that covered racing. yep - Cairns '96.

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
Hadn't seen this thread before, glad you guys are liking the photo functionality.

In the UK these days pretty much ALL race photography goes through R&R. A typical race will have anything between 1000 and 10000 photos uploaded by a variety of photographers, and they all get tagged by the photographer, me, and the community as a whole over a couple of days.

So NO searching for photos any more, they just show on your pages pretty much automatically. I was bored of searching through thumbnails, so came up with this concept. The key is that the site has all of the race results, so anyone can tag any photo simply by tapping the race plate number in. On facebook you have to know someone to tag them, and there's no central place to go to look for new photos, so the majority of photos go by untagged.

The site has *hundreds* of registered contributors in the UK now, but sadly only a handful in the US.

It's had a bit of a slow take-off in the US - you guys can help. Next time you're trackside at a DH race and you see someone taking photos, ask them if they're going to put them up on R&R.

The more people use it, the better it becomes!

Ta :-)
Can you please add the ability to "untag" people?
Some other riders have been tagged in some of mine and I can then go on and tag myself.

Ps: does anyone have that pic of Brian Lopes without his shirt on?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
anybody has that frontal-3/4ish picture of a yellow scott gambler, at full bottom out, chainring on the floor, after a drop in a race??

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
let me know if you want me to scan it or something, the magazine is sitting right here but I've never bothered to figure out my wife's scanner.