Quantcast

No Wing Ding Wake Up GMT

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Shit https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/rogers-outage-cell-mobile-wifi-1.6514373

TV, internet and cell service was out at home, so I left early and just came to work. Only to find that this is also affecting our business fiber connections.

Oh well, at least our buildings all have two connections from different providers.

Someone has some explaining to do....

[edit] Rogers hasn't even release any twitter post or anything about it yet, not even anything to say they're working on it.

https://twitter.com/search?lang=en&q=#rogersoutage :rofl: :panic:

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
For the first time since COVID, I woke up at 5am without issue. Nice! Except that today I decided to sleep in and do a long ride in the afternoon. Managed to get back to sleep, but WTF m8.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Finished work at 7:30 tonight, broken bits and mismatched fittings completely farked my afternoon, then the hydraulic work bench on my truck slipped a cable so it needed to be jacked up and repaired then we rolled the dice and tried a road that was supposedly flooded and won, yeew!
IMG_20220708_223224.jpg

IMG_20220708_223221 (1).jpg

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Had a chest CT scan this morning. The stuff that makes you feel like you pissed yourself was fun.

Busy day, my large car is in the shop getting its annual DOT inspection. Hopefully that doesn’t cost too much

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Shit https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/rogers-outage-cell-mobile-wifi-1.6514373

TV, internet and cell service was out at home, so I left early and just came to work. Only to find that this is also affecting our business fiber connections.

Oh well, at least our buildings all have two connections from different providers.

Someone has some explaining to do....

[edit] Rogers hasn't even release any twitter post or anything about it yet, not even anything to say they're working on it.

https://twitter.com/search?lang=en&q=#rogersoutage :rofl: :panic:
I picked a good day to be hung over from a great ride last night, a few too many beers/g&ts, and a visit to the shed. I'm lying on the couch waiting for my internet to return.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello peoples

did about twice the normal amount of work over the course of yesterday during the day then a bit in the evening. Good news is also got paid for an extra shift so that’s that.

Today ultrasound. Tomorrow Trestle.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I don't think any of us are especially close to Boulder, 50ish minute drive away for me. Whaddaya need?
Someone there replied to a post I made on mtbr, I was asking around for a single special bolt for a Banshee frame. They said they have one, so I sent a PM and email, but its been radio silence so far. Haven't yet picked up the phone...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ah, another couple of rides in store today.
Bought a 22/23 ZEB on a whim last night, hope I love it. Anyone want a 21’ ZEB fairly cheap? Will be freshly overhauled/etc. 170, Ultimate, etc..,

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I picked a good day to be hung over from a great ride last night, a few too many beers/g&ts, and a visit to the shed. I'm lying on the couch waiting for my internet to return.
Cell is with Bell I assume?

Oh look finally a response of some sort, two hours after it all started and they left half the country in the dark.
1657288236582.png

Payment processing at a lot vendors are also affected, so unless you have cash you most likely aren't getting gas or anything. And after two years of majority of businesses frowning on the use of cash (thanks covid), I doubt many people have any laying around. I know I don't, I spent it all on beer at a wedding the other weekend.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Someone there replied to a post I made on mtbr, I was asking around for a single special bolt for a Banshee frame. They said they have one, so I sent a PM and email, but its been radio silence so far. Haven't yet picked up the phone...
They're definitely big on Banshee stuff. If they won't ship direct north of the border let me know and as long as it's not urgent I'll re-ship to you. Just not able to assist the next few weeks.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
:wave:

My fat ass really should go for a ride, but I seem to be suffering some motivational issues.
this.

it's been super hot/humid here with lots of afternoon t-storms recently. usually i can get myself out there but not recently. hrmf. will have to go for a slow spin somewhere this weekend.

meetings all morning, then blunch with a colleague. think i might duck out early after that . . .

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Finally no client meetings. Now I get to catch up on all those things I told people I was going to do.

Got a really nice compliment from a guy on the PD of one of my plans yesterday. He was about to move an old retirement plan and I stopped him before he pulled the trigger, since moving it would seriously impact his Social Security. Said it's my knowing weird little stuff like that, that is going to save him a ton of money in 20yrs, is why the entire PD trusts me so much, why tell all the new guys to call me, and are never going to move their money when they leave or retire (none have to date). And that if I ever managed to get pulled over, just point out that I'm Mark from [company] - because there's no way in hell anybody is going to write me a ticket. I'm a pretty solid FTP guy, but knowing the Chief and Deputy Chief well, and the number of guys they have fired for doing things not becoming of an officer, I'd say this is definitely the dept that we grew up being told "police are supposed to be".

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
yea that's not too far. what do you need?
I'm looking for this large special bolt, which bolts the hanger onto the drop outs.
1657289265119.png

Long story short, Banshee won't sell me just the bolt, nor do they have one laying around. They say I need to buy the entire kit which has 2 hangers, the bolt and two other drop out pieces; from them its $53 for the kit and another $30 for shipping. Maybe I'm just being cheap, but that's a lot just to get one bolt.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I'm looking for this large special bolt, which bolts the hanger onto the drop outs.
View attachment 178728

Long story short, Banshee won't sell me just the bolt, nor do they have one laying around. They say I need to buy the entire kit which has 2 hangers, the bolt and two other drop out pieces; from them its $53 for the kit and another $30 for shipping. Maybe I'm just being cheap, but that's a lot just to get one bolt.
Does it have to be that specific bolt or could one with the same dimensions and thread count work ?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Does it have to be that specific bolt or could one with the same dimensions and thread count work ?
Anything could work but I think they are proprietary bolts, the axle also screws into it. So its a hollow bolt with threads on both sides and one is very shallow.

Stupid thing is, is I had a second one, but for the love of me I cannot find it. :banghead:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Allentown area, I think. V is navigating.
My mom's old stomping grounds...

Mauch Chunk (aka Jim Thorpe, 45 mins north of Billy Joel's town) is "cool" for coal country PA and there is riding.

The best singletrack was closed but there's still some good riding.

I did this rail to trail and saw a black bear years ago, ends at the waterfall

I gather this place doesn't suck either, but I haven't been

ETA: https://skibluemt.com/outdoor/mountain-biking/?gclid=CjwKCAjwq5-WBhB7EiwAl-HEkmO182TBU5w-YIXzf3-Y1rapxtvZ_GDXCMAOAV8sEOfDpgxTwKVW7BoCuZ8QAvD_BwE

Last edited:

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Finally have the opportunity to ride locally for the first time in a couple (maybe more?) months and the trails are a swamp. Guess that's not the worst thing as my motivation is nonexistent due to the weather. I need to move to the mountains.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Cell is with Bell I assume?

Oh look finally a response of some sort, two hours after it all started and they left half the country in the dark.
View attachment 178726

Payment processing at a lot vendors are also affected, so unless you have cash you most likely aren't getting gas or anything. And after two years of majority of businesses frowning on the use of cash (thanks covid), I doubt many people have any laying around. I know I don't, I spent it all on beer at a wedding the other weekend.
My personal cell is with Koodo. I think that's Telus? Work phone is with Bell.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
View attachment 178728

My Yakima Backswing likes to break a tiny e-clip. They only sell it as part of a $36 kit including the entire latch assembly. I need to find somewhere that can sell me a bag of 50...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My Yakima Backswing likes to break a tiny e-clip. They only sell it as part of a $36 kit including the entire latch assembly. I need to find somewhere that can sell me a bag of 50...

$0 eh? :busted:

1657293719000.png

But yeah its nonsense when you get roped into buying a kit, when you just need one piece. With all the sustainability talk and whatnot going around, you'd think more companies would stop doing this. No sense in shipping out a bunch of stuff that won't ever get used, just to obtain one part out of the kit.

Should be able to get those clips in a lot of places though. Lowes though, jesus... $$$$ https://www.lowes.ca/product/rings/hillman-e-ring-2-pack-138746

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Shopping for a new microwave as I’ve been Samsunged on the current one and overruled on my scheme to just ditch it and replace with a range hood. Ces las vie

But what the shit is a 7th of an inch? Or a 9th for that matter?
CC4F55F0-3953-4B61-B35A-5AFF2A9A09D5.jpeg