Quantcast

Night riding=plumb loco.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I was looking at night lights at the LBS today because I've been itching for after work rides. The time change killed them for me.

Full moon rides are great if you can do it. The later you stay out the brighter it gets.

Last edited:

Scurry

Monkey
May 9, 2003
Boston
Whats the best bang for the buck setup? I've never done any real night rides, but want to ride after work, or early in the morning. Id be riding tight, twisty, dark NE singletrack. I like the idea of bar and helmet, but maybe just helmet would be ok. I will probably;y just be riding solo. That Amoeba one does look really cool.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Whats the best bang for the buck setup? I've never done any real night rides, but want to ride after work, or early in the morning. Id be riding tight, twisty, dark NE singletrack. I like the idea of bar and helmet, but maybe just helmet would be ok. I will probably;y just be riding solo. That Amoeba one does look really cool.
Dude, you're still alive? Still in Chelmsford?

Scurry

Monkey
May 9, 2003
Boston
Dude, you're still alive? Still in Chelmsford?
Yeah, haha, made it through school and working downtown and living in south boston now. I still ride trails in chelmsford and lowell, I havent found much on that level close to boston.

Looks like your a bit further west now? how are the trails out there?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
To be honest I haven't ridden much out my way at all. I still work in Bedford, so I still ride the usual places around Boston, as all my riding buddies live in and around Boston anyway.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Keep on the lookout for the Blair Witch.
Never could watch that movie all the way through, too damn shaky.

More of a concern are deer at night, some dart across the trail directly in front of you. Others stand a few feet from the trail and just stare at you as you go by. The deer around the trails here are not hunted and not scared of mountain bikers.