Quantcast

New Windham WC site...

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Since i am not a world cup rider, it seems i can enter anyway? no UCI points or norba stuff?
not at all... DH race for WC riders will be held on a different track from the "public" pro/am DH race

UCI rules are UCI rules as far as getting into the WC race.

Good to see Widham making a festaval of this and offering amateur racing alongside the WC. St. Anne use to do this for XC back in the day and it always brought a crowd.

and just think of all the extra cars and paying competitors they can charge for parking all week rather than just spectators on the weekend :D

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Good to see Widham making a festaval of this and offering amateur racing alongside the WC. St. Anne use to do this for XC back in the day and it always brought a crowd.
So THAT'S why it seemed dead last year. I missed the WC in 08', and when I went last year it was like a ghost town at the base/pits in comparison to 07' when I was there last. I couldn't figure it out.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
So THAT'S why it seemed dead last year. I missed the WC in 08', and when I went last year it was like a ghost town at the base/pits in comparison to 07' when I was there last. I couldn't figure it out.
back in the day refers to 2001/2002. there has not been an am race in a long time. Once the whole Vellerium thing started at MSA they spread th racing and festival activities out over three weeks starting with AM races and ending with WC

WC's tend to be pretty quite in and around the venue until the racing starts.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
This will combo perfectly with the Plattekill, NY stop of the Eastern Cup Series DH race the weekend before. Plattekill Bike Park is less than an hour away and will be open all week, so pack your bikes. Race two races, ride some classic east coast terrain and watch The UCI World Cup Finals.

Camping at Plattekill will also be available daily.

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
the map shows a new course (not the pro gravity tour) for the world cup? i was under the impression that would be the course. or am i just looking at it wrong?

NY_Star

Turbo Monkey
I am seeing the same thing. Look like a completely new course on a new part of the mountain for DH. It may use some of the old Super D course but that is just a guess.

This is a good thing. The old course was fun but was not WC level and was getting a little worked over.

Map looks like someone did it with Paint. Real Pro

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
A pool party on Sunday night! Haha, how many bloody skulls and near drownings will there be? Looking forward to the carnage Merica!

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Nope, it had more to do with moving the date to later in the Summer. Traditionally the MSA event was held in late June the same weekend as the National Holiday of Quebec and St. John Day. Because of the holiday weekend and the fact that most people had Monday off from work the crowd was much bigger. In '08 the event date moved to late July and attendance definitely dropped off a bit.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Nope, it had more to do with moving the date to later in the Summer. Traditionally the MSA event was held in late June the same weekend as the National Holiday of Quebec and St. John Day. Because of the holiday weekend and the fact that most people had Monday off from work the crowd was much bigger. In '08 the event date moved to late July and attendance definitely dropped off a bit.
That makes sense. I'm sure the crowd will be a bit bigger for worlds this year. The girl and I are headed up again, stoked. Unfortunately I'm going to miss out on Windham though. It was one or the other for me, and the choice was pretty obvious.

bigbirdie

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
CT
it would be nice to see a schedule of practice and race times posted on their site but other than that I am pumped to be going and racing.

MFrider

Monkey
Jul 10, 2009
The East
Schedule?? isn't this almost 5 months away?? Just plan to be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday. You know you will be either practicing, racing or watching the best in the world for 3 days!!!

But then again, the sooner the schedule is out the quicker everyone can
b1tch and complain how the schedule doesn't work for them and send messages to Windham to change it.

Schedule?? isn't this almost 5 months away?? Just plan to be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday. You know you will be either practicing, racing or watching the best in the world for 3 days!!!

But then again, the sooner the schedule is out the quicker everyone can
b1tch and complain how the schedule doesn't work for them and send messages to Windham to change it.

Really?
How about people like me who will be flying in and are looking at racing citizens and would rather go ride Platty during down time than stand around watching XC practice. Yeah so its nice to know the schedule 5 months in advance so i actually plan how i can best spend my money.:think:

olddogbmxer

Monkey
Aug 9, 2007
It is awesome news - there was a press release on VeloNews June 11.
Would be great if the 4X course could be put to use for some other events.
Mr. Negative - hope to see ya at Blue for DS on July 25? I'm off the bike for 6 weeks busted a rib, bruised lung etc when I saw you at Blue few weeks ago

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Would be great if the 4X course could be put to use for some other events.
Mr. Negative - hope to see ya at Blue for DS on July 25? I'm off the bike for 6 weeks busted a rib, bruised lung etc when I saw you at Blue few weeks ago
damn guy, broke a rib huh? hope you get well soon! hows the sneezing going?

yeah im hoping to be there for their DS race. im still trying to get used to a hardtail so it should be interesting!

olddogbmxer

Monkey
Aug 9, 2007
Yea, I was really sucking wind when I saw you and the first week was pretty, still sleeping on the couch but getting alot better - fortunately not sneezing ! I'll be back for that race!