Quantcast

New Whip? New toys for the dependable steed?

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
Ordered a carbon Lev dropper with Ti bolts. Paid the same as what I sold my 175 Transfer for, so no net loss. 100grams/1/4 pound lighter, the Instinct will be 28 and change. Under 30 with complete tools, tube, and pump.
real tires, blah blah.
Monocle territory.

also got one of these shirts...
View attachment 144655
what drop length? Been looking to lighten up the bike and this is on the short list. Definitely let us know how it performes.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

dovbush66

Monkey
Aug 27, 2018
Ireland
I decided to build up my new frame with fresh parts for racing and park trips.

Just got these wheels to add to the pile from fitwheels.eu thru ebay. bout 400 euro posted for fr560s on 350 hubs, pretty good like. Think theres still a set of these in 12x157 going for this price

Managed to blackmail some parts out of @buckoW too, lol. Can't wait to hit the pds on this thing when its done

Attachments

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
Since I knew I wasn't going to be using her for a while, I figured to get rid of the white and orange frame color. chemically stripped (raw is the only way), new front dhr rubber, bars and seatpost, and magura mt5's. Need new cranks; the chainring is wobbly as fuck
so far so good

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
Love that extra hose for 5x bar spins.
never mind the dc fork...
its a great experimental bike..
no air in the tires really help with small bump compliance
extra hose length helps with cooling the brake fluid
and no chain, i think thats covered by gwinnard

ive been putting off shortening the hoses cause i know im gunu fuck something up :bonk:

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Nothing special, but here is the shred sled from yesterday, now with slightly longer stem. Don't yell at me for the non-matching spacer. I'm going to hit 3k offroad miles on the odo by July.

I still f*cking love this thing, but want to downsize to a 150-160 travel 29er or mullet by next year.

IMG_2519.jpg
IMG_2523.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Love that extra hose for 5x bar spins.
never mind the dc fork...
Wife and I each got new MT7's at festivus for this DH season and planned BC trip. Fitted but just haven't bothered to shorten as right now DH seems very unlikely any time soon.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Alright boys, I’ll put my flame suit on. Here’s the most hated, most unridable, most slackest seat angle, most adjustments that don’t do anything bike. Unfortunately I couldn’t find a trust fork so I got the next worst thing. Still have a dh frame hanging around, I’ll get it built up eventually... in the mean time here’s my bro shades and fanny pack machine.
86F7C663-120D-4E54-A4BD-A811A2194183.jpeg

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Alright boys, I’ll put my flame suit on. Here’s the most hated, most unridable, most slackest seat angle, most adjustments that don’t do anything bike. Unfortunately I couldn’t find a trust fork so I got the next worst thing. Still have a dh frame hanging around, I’ll get it built up eventually... in the mean time here’s my bro shades and fanny pack machine.
View attachment 144942
Dude. sick bike.

Do they make a men's version?

KIDDING! Sick bike. :D
I like Evil bikes.

Last edited:

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I’m all about riding slow and posting pictures of scale weights on the intertubez. Have a wild endurbro rear waiting to go on, I struggled enough with an inside funnoodle to not want to take it off again anytime soon. I probably need the CushCore buttplug... er, tire lever according to cushcore. Should probably just go back to non-carpetfiber rims and avoid the issue entirely. Actually pretty impressed with the front tire but I’m old and slow so don’t listen to me.
38A2308F-D380-45BD-AB87-5FF6BCE8E337.jpeg
80C65C31-F430-452E-B4E3-6F8A12C69BF9.jpeg

Went full on dentist mode on the wheels with the bass boat sparkle onyx hubz.

Last edited:

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
View attachment 144942
Isn't the seatpost backwards? You might wanna ask @Sandwich for advice...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I’m all about riding slow and posting pictures of scale weights on the intertubez. Have a wild endurbro rear waiting to go on, I struggled enough with an inside funnoodle to not want to take it off again anytime soon. I probably need the CushCore buttplug... er, tire lever according to cushcore. Should probably just go back to non-carpetfiber rims and avoid the issue entirely. Actually pretty impressed with the front tire but I’m old and slow so don’t listen to me.View attachment 144945View attachment 144946
Oh those hubs! :drool:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I’m all about riding slow and posting pictures of scale weights on the intertubez. Have a wild endurbro rear waiting to go on, I struggled enough with an inside funnoodle to not want to take it off again anytime soon. I probably need the CushCore buttplug... er, tire lever according to cushcore. Should probably just go back to non-carpetfiber rims and avoid the issue entirely. Actually pretty impressed with the front tire but I’m old and slow so don’t listen to me.View attachment 144945View attachment 144946
those just gave me a flashback to the time i tried to bassboat my jackal that i stripped. despite my best efforts it just looked like i'd coated the bike in elmers and sprinkled sugar on it. :rofl: soon restripped it and painted it winter camo, which looked somewhat better.

sweet ride man.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Can you get away with just 65mm drop?
Big change from a 175mm!
So, long droppers and new knees don’t necessarily mix well. My new knee has about a 135 degree range limit, and with the 175 dropper down low (not even all the way), my knee was wondering just what the hell I was trying to do to it.
just a psa.
maybe 65mm would have been fine for the next month...

aenema

almost 100% positive
Sep 5, 2008
Nothing special, but here is the shred sled from yesterday, now with slightly longer stem. Don't yell at me for the non-matching spacer. I'm going to hit 3k offroad miles on the odo by July.

I still f*cking love this thing, but want to downsize to a 150-160 travel 29er or mullet by next year.

View attachment 144900View attachment 144902
Jeebus man, that is a lot of trail miles already this year! How many vert of climbing is that?

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
I built up a new frame a few days ago. I’ve only ridden the carbon Gambler up until now. I was curious how the alu feels compared to the carbon so I built up an alu frame to compare. Good excuse, right?
My conclusion is bikes are sweet and DH is sofa king fun! Oh, and a chopped D3 is much better for nekin sports beers in Gary´s and Jackalope’s birthday honor!

F26170B4-A71E-4EF6-AE5E-F602BF5FEEEE.jpeg