Quantcast

New Whip? New toys for the dependable steed?

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Are you going to replace the remaining alloy nipples?
When they (enough) break. I've no brass nips with which to replace them in any case.

My bad.

Sealant was a non-issue. Good tape job with a bone dry rim bed. I am chalking up this to a neophyte (me) wheel builder.

#ermagodnotmyapprovedawheelbuildingmethodihavetoargueaboutthis

Last edited:

Cerberus75

Monkey
Feb 18, 2017
I assume "threw" was a Freudian slip because you ended up hucking the half-built wheel across the shop a few dozen times in the process?
Yup lol I typically charge a flat rate for wheel builds with a free retrue. This guy paid by the hour.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I like blue front but it's a good break from things that matter and being I was split I asked lol...it's just fun but I do want the one that stands out most patriotic.
I'll have to mount both and snap a pic then we can see the picture...

I did grips and ordered new 38 decals
Wheels are already done

Screenshot_20220325-172728_Samsung Internet.jpg
20220325_121809.jpg
20220218_182551.jpg

Last edited:

Kurt_80

Monkey
Jan 25, 2016
Perth, WA.
Many new toys over the last month, but too busy to install and post. I guess I probably should ride them at some point too?

Anyway, this is peak dentist for me, so I'll just leave this here.
20220330_223138.jpg

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Many new toys over the last month, but too busy to install and post. I guess I probably should ride them at some point too?

Anyway, this is peak dentist for me, so I'll just leave this here.
View attachment 174264
Nice. And agree...it would be nice to slow down and get some saddle time...like the design of that stem it has a good clean line

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
How strong wind can it generate?
Assault bikes do pretty well,they can cool you off for sure not a ton but better than stagnant and as you sweat it gets alot better....they have shields you can throw on not worth it, the air feels better.
my max was 35 calories 30 seconds my buddy Matt got 63 in 60...I cant imaging how he had 30 more seconds of that cardio...hell I died at 30seconds in a competition that this was on lanes...

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Ended my mullet experimentation for now; going back to even size wheels. DHX2, 38 and I9 wheels incoming. Need to swap the drivetrain and brakes off my Bronson.

2022_altitude_stock.jpg

Last edited: