Quantcast

New project and the last couple days.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Here are some Iphone pics from the last couple of days. I started building some dirt jumps in a little town called Plaffein, Switzerland. I have a day and a half done and another two days of digger time to finish. I am happy with the progress and it should be a fun spot to ride. Thought you guys might like to see.

I was stoked on the big trucks of dirt (16 cubic meters) but after the second one the asphalt on the road started to get big cracks and I didn't want to destroy the road so I asked for 4 axle trucks instead.

The local kids were helping me filter the dirt all day.

Making good progress. This shot was taken after a little over a day of building.

These 3 little dudes have so much pop. I am stoked to give them bigger and better jumps.

Check the size of the landing and how stoked they are.

The digger gets the bowls pretty close then I have to filter the dirt with the wheelbarrow and lay down some fine stuff on the top.

After digging all day we had a fun BBQ mini ramp session.

Some train shuttles over the weekend.

I am going to ride some train shuttles again today before going back to digging on Monday. I will put up some more pics as the spot progresses.

Last edited:

istratetm

Chimp
Jan 19, 2009
Yeah! i remember when i was digging at the local dirt park in Cluj, Romania. We used 150 trucks that size. Pretty impressive! Nice work man. Hope to see you at Champery for the WC. Best of luck!

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
~note to self, stop reading Buckow's posts. they just make you depressed~

Awesome spot, cool to see those kids so stoked on digging

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
EPIC! Who is funding the operation if i might ask?
There is a bike club with over a hundred members in the town and one of the members went around to all the local businesses plus a couple other bigger Swiss businesses and got them to sponsor the project. He then got sport program subsidies from the state which are normally for soccer, hockey, etc. and he convinced the trucking company and digger company to give us a few days and a bunch of dirt. It is a community project with mostly sponsored funds. The mayor of the town is a mountain biker and most of the business owners' have kids in the club.

slowmtb

Monkey
Aug 17, 2008
ChurChur, NZ
There is a bike club with over a hundred members in the town and one of the members went around to all the local businesses plus a couple other bigger Swiss businesses and got them to sponsor the project. He then got sport program subsidies from the state which are normally for soccer, hockey, etc. and he convinced the trucking company and digger company to give us a few days and a bunch of dirt. It is a community project with mostly sponsored funds. The mayor of the town is a mountain biker and most of the business owners' have kids in the club.
Wow :shocked:, truly inspirational stuff :eek:

HUGE UPS fellas :thumb: :clapping:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Thanks guys. I took some more pics yesterday but I don't have time to put anything up. I got a lot done and it is really taking shape.

I was having a blast testing a 180° berm on the pumptrack by doing the 4X gate start and then transferring from the second table into the berm. You can really shred it like that. Everything was sweet until I tried to lay down the power and my chain snapped. I ate sh!t so hard at 9:30 by myself and no one saw anything.

My brother is going to come and shoot some proper photos soon so I will get some shots of the transfer to 180° berm line.