Quantcast

New linkage/rear triangle

Al C. Oholic

Monkey
Feb 11, 2010
FoCo
I recently bought an 03 giant dh team off some mechanic. it's all built up custom, real pretty, and well maintained, but he neglected the linkage and I was wondering if anyone knew about obtaining a new kit. I couldn't find it on the giant website (not surprised, it's old), so is there a way to get it direct from giant or do I need a shop to order it?
Also, even tho the bike's old I've never been a new-gear-junkie and i'll be on it for a while. I'd like to get a new rear triangle, just to have, just in case it's not available if/when something breaks. how and where do i get?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Honestly, short of finding someone who broke the front triangle, and still has the rear gathering dust in their garage, I bet you're boned on that one. It's an old enough bike finding NOS parts for it is going to be damn near impossible.

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
I have a medium 04 DH team frame laying around if you'd consider buying a complete frame for parts. I'll take some pics if you're interested.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
Talk to giant (you'll probally have to go through a bike shop for it though) Their phone number was 1800-US Giant or Giant US. I can't remember which one it was, but one is Giant, the other was a sex line, and I ALWAYS dialed the wrong one.

I used to have an 04 DH team and bent the swingarm. Aparently it was a common problem and they warrentied mine. They still might have some laying around if you call and ask. Those links were fussy too. Red Loctite EVERYTHING!

-KT

Al C. Oholic

Monkey
Feb 11, 2010
FoCo
I kinda figured I might be sol on the rear triangle, but I had heard that they still got linkage kits in stock. I just didn't know if I had to go through a shop or could get it direct. Thnx for all the advice. and SpasticJack, you should pm me some pics and a price you got in mind, I'm sure you don't wanna part it out cuz then what would you do with the rest, I just don't think you wanna sell it all for my budget :)