Quantcast

Neighbors left a note- need a response

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
So when I was taking a leak after waking up today, I saw a note on my neighbor's window, apparently directed at me and my roommate. It read something like: "Your bathroom looks into our kitchen. Please buy a curtain."

Now, no, our bathroom does not have a curtain. Nor do I care to get one. I would never shut it, we live on the third floor of a house (these are the people next door on the third floor) and the windowsill sits about level with my shoulder. I also don't spend my time looking standing on my toilet, looking into their kitchen. So I am not really sure what these people are complaining about.

I don't want to incite hate or anything, but I would like to reply with something funny. Ideas?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Put in a microphone and a large set of speakers to amplify the noise of your defications?

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Just smile and wave while you're jacking it and reading the note.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Just re-arrange their original note.

"Your bathroom looks into our kitchen. Please buy a curtain." --> "Your kitchen looks into our bathroom. Please buy a curtain."

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Get a restraining order against them for being peeping Toms.

Then ask the DA to file charges on them as sex offenders for watching you while you use the toilet.

And to add insult to a life time of having to register as a sex offender, sue them for IIED and the resultant PTSD you have every time you try to pee and cannot.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF

Then ask the DA to file charges on them as sex offenders for watching you while you use the toilet.

And to add insult to a life time of having to register as a sex offender, sue them for IIED and the resultant PTSD you have every time you try to pee and cannot.
Seriously, can you get a restraining order?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack

Listen to this man, he's a law-talking guy.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Seriously, can you get a restraining order?
I'm pretty sure you could in this instance.

You're on the 3rd floor of a building, and should have a reasonable expectation of privacy. Furthermore, whomever built the building is just sort of a retard in this instance.

Seeing as the OP didn't know he was staring into someone's kitchen while taking a whiz, I suspect that he could ask the court, if it ever came to that, to force the kitchen peepers to put up curtains or blinds. He could BS the argument that putting shades or blinds or curtains up is not his responsibility, as he is just a renter, and further would be impractical due to the high heat and humidity that a bathroom would and could generate.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I'm pretty sure you could in this instance.

You're on the 3rd floor of a building, and should have a reasonable expectation of privacy. Furthermore, whomever built the building is just sort of a retard in this instance.

Seeing as the OP didn't know he was staring into someone's kitchen while taking a whiz, I suspect that he could ask the court, if it ever came to that, to force the kitchen peepers to put up curtains or blinds. He could BS the argument that putting shades or blinds or curtains up is not his responsibility, as he is just a renter, and further would be impractical due to the high heat and humidity that a bathroom would and could generate.
Well, I don't plan on pressing charges at the moment.... :)

BTW, I live on the top floor of a 3 story house; the neighbors live in the next house over, separated by a few feet of grass and a driveway- so not that far, but far enough that it was pretty hard to read their 'note' (more of a sign in marker...it was taped to their window, written big enough so I could just read it).

In any case, I just think it's ridiculous and I really don't know what their issue is. I know it's their kitchen, I will sometimes look over there when I am peeing (can't see out the window when sitting or anything)... so that amounts to maybe 30 seconds a day or something. Maybe that's their issue? I don't know. I don't stare at them. You can't see a naked person in the bathroom from the outside. And even if you can, that's not my problem, nor do I care if one of them wants a peek at some man-ass.

I will ask my roommate if he knows what the deal is. I do actually plan on putting up a sign of my own in the near future.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Just put up a note "Stop staring at my junk" over the window.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Write: Your note is too small to read.
Repeat until a sufficiently large note blocks their view out the window.
then write a note saying: Problem solved!