Quantcast

Need opinions fork replacement

ucsbMTBmember

Monkey
Nov 20, 2009
Just the Evo, I have zero intrest in the Ti.... I am in no way cool enough for a ti sprung fork, Ok so Ill be in need of a heavier spring, What do you feel about the tunability right out of the box? How plush is it throughout its travel? How do the bushings feel? How do you like the Hi lo comp adjusters? I like the new design, but the BS statement from Marz for 08 and 09 that the slop was needed..... I dont want slop in the bushings.

Im a Marz fan, I was very dissapointed with everything in the 08 09 lineup. rear shocks that fell apart, forks with almost 2mm of play in the lowers at times being considered normal operation, AtA's that would end up six inches of travel at the end of a run at Fontana. I got screwed on a rear shock, cant go into it alot, thats why I have available the pricing from Marz that I have.......

Just any pros or cons at all is what I am looking for... Ramp up, bottomg, blowing through travel.... Anything..
Tunability out of the box is awesome. Its the plushest fork ive ever ran. It can be set up stiff with the compression damping but it is still o so plush. Bushings are damn tight. no slop at all in my evo ti. You may need to alter the shim stack a little bit for your weight though. i believe the high speed comp is tuned for about a 180lb rider. Tends to sit higher in the travel and ramp up can be anything you set it too. the volume adjustment knob works amazingly well. i have mine all the way out and still havent bottomed the fork yet. The fork is quite linear and the transition from low to high speed comp is virtually seamless. Note: first run evo's may experience bushing play after about 10 rides. We have had some of the regular evos have this. Marz realizes this and will give new lowers/bushings/seals for free to anyone who experiences bushing slop. the evo ti's all appear to be fine. Dont let this put you off though. Marz has been very easy to deal with. and is giving new lowers out for free.

ucsbMTBmember

Monkey
Nov 20, 2009
still experiencing bushing slop even with the new "matched and slotted bushings?" here we go again.
Note, this is only on some of the evos. im pretty sure it only pertains to the first run. but marz is handling it very well and giving out new lowers. its not such a bad deal. as i said before the evo ti has no problems with slop.