Quantcast

Need help with a Spanish translation

mike67

Monkey
Nov 15, 2001
California
Ok, any Spanish speaking monkeys in here?
I'm trying to translate a birthday card message for my girlfriends mom. Help me out...

Here's the message I would like in the card:

Hi Rose, I hope you have a wonderful birthday. The beautiful flower on this card is a picture that Amanda took in Los Barriles. We need to have a back yard party soon, and celebrate properly!

Here's what I got from a free translation site:

Hola Subió, espero que usted tenga un cumpleaños maravillosos. La flor hermosa en esta tarjeta es un retrato que Amanda aceptó Los Barriles. ¡Necesitamos tener un partido de traspatio pronto, y celebrar apropiadamente!

Is this translation correct?
I thought the name Rose should be Rosa? What do I know...

Can anyone recommend a good free translation site?

Gracias

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
This looks a little better, not saying it's perfect either though 'cause I don't speak Spanish either.

Hola Rose, espero que tengas un cumpleaños maravilloso. La flor hermosa en esta tarjeta es un cuadro que Amanda admitió Los Barriles. ¡Necesitamos tener un partido trasero de la yarda pronto, y celebramos correctamente!

mike67

Monkey
Nov 15, 2001
California
alright WTF...Hola Rose, Usted tiene melones maravillosos. How come when I read this now it sounds like I'm telling my Girlfriend's mom that she has marvelous melons?

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
Hello It raised, I hope that you have a wonderful birthday. The beautiful flower in this card is a picture that Amanda accepted the Barrels. Necesitamos to have a party of traspatio soon, and to celebrate appropriately!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
alright WTF...Hola Rose, Usted tiene melones maravillosos. How come when I read this now it sounds like I'm telling my Girlfriend's mom that she has marvelous melons?
because you are? dunno you might like out and they might be into the mother/daughter tag team :thumb:

mike67

Monkey
Nov 15, 2001
California
Don't know what you are talking about but since you brought it up... how are they?

Well I must say that she does have very nice melons!
My girlfriend and her mom look very much alike...
I've heard people say to take a good long look at your girlfriends mom, because that is a good representation of what she will look like in the future. I would be a lucky man!
No pics though...

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Ok, any Spanish speaking monkeys in here?
I'm trying to translate a birthday card message for my girlfriends mom. Help me out...

Here's the message I would like in the card:

Hi Rose, I hope you have a wonderful birthday. The beautiful flower on this card is a picture that Amanda took in Los Barriles. We need to have a back yard party soon, and celebrate properly!
Hola Rose/Rosa. Espero que tengas un maravilloso cumpleaños. La bella flor en esta tarjeta es una foto q Amanda tomo en Los Barriles.
Tenemos q hacer una fiesta en el patio pronto, y celebrar como se debe!!!

its somewhat polite. around 6/7 on a 1-jargon/beer-buddies to 10-lawyer-speak scale

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Hola Rose/Rosa. Espero que tengas un maravilloso cumpleaños. La bella flor en esta tarjeta es una foto que Amanda tomo en Los Barriles.
Tenemos que hacer una fiesta en el patio pronto, y celebrar como se debe!!!

its somewhat polite. around 6/7 on a 1-jargon/beer-buddies to 10-lawyer-speak scale
Ditto, I was gonna make the same changes/suggestions. That's the version you wanna go with.

Porfavor, una foto de tu novia, su madre, y los melones de las dos, vale?

mike67

Monkey
Nov 15, 2001
California
Hola Rose/Rosa. Espero que tengas un maravilloso cumpleaños. La bella flor en esta tarjeta es una foto q Amanda tomo en Los Barriles.
Tenemos q hacer una fiesta en el patio pronto, y celebrar como se debe!!!

I ran this through the same translater that I've been using, and it looks better -

Hello Rose/Rose. I expect that have a marvelous birthday. The beautiful flower in this card is a photo q Amanda I take in The Barrels. We have q to do a festival in quick patio, and to celebrate as is owed!!!

niguet

Monkey
Sep 11, 2005
I ran this through the same translater that I've been using, and it looks better -

Hello Rose/Rose. I expect that have a marvelous birthday. The beautiful flower in this card is a photo q Amanda I take in The Barrels. We have q to do a festival in quick patio, and to celebrate as is owed!!!
Replace the "Q" with "que"

Hola Rose/Rosa. Espero que tengas un maravilloso cumpleaños. La bella flor en esta tarjeta es una foto que Amanda tomo en Los Barriles.
Tenemos que hacer una fiesta en el patio pronto, y celebrar como se debe!!!

So now you cand send it to your girlfriend's mother without a problem