Quantcast

Murricancapitalismbestorworstday, day

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Wtaf? You’re kidding, right?
No, not kidding. Sure, there is lots of food, but we like spicy stuff, anything that is not from the kosher market is basically off limits. No takeout, no leftovers, if it isn’t certified kosher, it’s not allowed. For example, if we ate a meat meal, I am not allowed to eat some late night ice cream, but the actual time of when that becomes allowable is unknowable, and changes.
God fucking forbid a piece of cheese makes it onto a pastrami sandwich.
once, twenty years ago, I accidentally used a dairy knife while cooking a delmonico, , she read me the riot act, and claimed she would have to bury the knife for ten years, and invite a Rabbi over to bless it, or some shit.
She still brings that up.
separate dishes, separate cutlery, separate, pots, pans, Tupperware, serving utensils, even separate dishwashers.
It’s an ultimate OCD manifestation that’s not simply insane because it is ‘religious’.

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
tempted....i think i pay 62 with tmobile...but i enjoy my coverage out west compared to when i had verizon and i do not plan on buying another phone for three or four years...done doing the yearly upgrade nonsense...

but its in the back of my head.
$62 a month which includes paying off a phone?
If not that seems insane, I pay 25 Aussie Dollarydoos for unlimited calls, texts, 30GB data and I get an hour or more of international calls a month.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Black Friday sales, I bought an amplifier at full price and that was it.
I bought from two different sellers a month apart in hope that I don't get owned by the tax non gender binary person shaped object.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
$62 a month which includes paying off a phone?
If not that seems insane, I pay 25 Aussie Dollarydoos for unlimited calls, texts, 30GB data and I get an hour or more of international calls a month.
i bought my phone outright....

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, the OCD observation was my own years ago, but apparently it’s a whole thing.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
So why does it cost so much?
unlimited data i guess....cheaper than when i had sprint or verizon...

america i guess....fuck if i know...it might be less...

its the least amount i have ever paid.

it is the best coverage i have ever had.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Fuck. TIL my kid has graduated from kids jacket sizes to adult size. We just spent an hour and a half trying on jackets at a big sporting goods retailer (Sail for the east-coast Canucks). Can't find a ski jacket for less than $400. Given I just dropped over $2k on xc ski equipment, and he's seems to be growing at a regular clip, I'm reluctant to drop that much on a jacket. He's 13 FFS.. how can he have outgrown kids clothes?!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Because you keep feeding him.
That's the crazy part. He doesn't eat! Not for the energy expenditure he has anyways... Training for Nordic skiing 3x/week, and gym time too. This summer he was training an additional 4days/week for canoe racing. That included weight training every day...

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Anyone have AT&T? I am ready to tell Verizon to pack sand.
If you don't have ATT you should, couple of reasons.

ATT is the only vendor for first net

TLDR?

25 year contract to have reception on every major byway and highway

The second reason is they are the sole provider of public safety digital radio system towers (phase II trunking networks) essentially 5g towers in the 800-900 MGHZ (cell band)

Everyone else will be piggybacking on ATT towers from here on out and must charge for the services.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Actually, it’s ‘avoid the MIL’ day, and wifey has a bad cold. 12 of us in one four bedroom house, it’s….uh…I can’t wait to get home.
We have to sneak food and hide it like alcoholics due to bullshit kosher hypocrisy.

My Aunt was doing a Kosher Passover Seder. She had bottles of Manischewitz kosher swill er wine for the table. I grabbed them and took them to the bathroom and dumped them out and refilled the bottles with good Cabernet. My end of the table was in on it. My cousins at the other end could not believe we were drinking it until we convinced them to try it. My Cheshire cat grin gave me away but my Aunt never caught on (I didn't switch her bottle)

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I lied this morning when I said I would buy nothing today. Turns out I'm kind of really sick. Doc put me on some meds. One of which I will have to take for the rest of my life. My metabolism was really fucked up making me a prime candidate for a heart attack. It looks like it will be an easy fix but damn So by 10am I was in line at the Pharmacy picking up a 90 day supply of 2 drugs, at least they aren't very expensive

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I lied this morning when I said I would buy nothing today. Turns out I'm kind of really sick. Doc put me on some meds. One of which I will have to take for the rest of my life. My metabolism was really fucked up making me a prime candidate for a heart attack. It looks like it will be an easy fix but damn So by 10am I was in line at the Pharmacy picking up a 90 day supply of 2 drugs, at least they aren't very expensive
Damn that sucks. But good that you caught it in time.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hypothyroidism?