Quantcast

Murricancapitalismbestorworstday, day

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Wife was up early today and completed the Christmas shopping online, so that is one less thing I have to do. I am working today and am in the office....it always a good day to come in since nobody is here on Friday, but especially this Friday.

Thanksgiving at our house was nice. Doggo had a blast.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Had to be up super early for early, then fell asleep and have now woken up again in a fog. :dead:

Going to tell the coworkers that I shall be working from home today.

Hoping to get out for a ride tonight. Temps have fallen, so the trails should be that frozen velcro stuff. :brows:

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Slept in til 6 then figured I'd go stand in the woods for a bit. No deer, but it's a great day to stand on the woods, if that's your thing.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
PD day today so the kids are home. Wife took the day off, so I may go in to the office to "get some work done". Problem is, youngest woke up at 5 frkkin ey ehm. My brain is likely in the same fog as @canadmos'. It's sunny and clear, so I don't mind riding in to work... Just need to get the motivation to get outside.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Slept in until 6. Haley decided to wake up early too, which is unexpected. She's off reading a book somewhere currently. Hannah has swim this morning, then it's figuring out what to do today. The 3" of snow looks like 2" of frozen rain with a dusting on top, so it will likely be an inside day.

I've been playing the points game on cards to pay for the AZ trips this winter. I checked off one card, largely on the purchase of the motor. So today, I get to assess the point situation on the Marriott and Southwest perks. If those are good, then we flip over to Hilton. Gotta milk these perks programs dry.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Apparently, our Christmas work party is on the 8th. I think I might opt out of it, is that bad? If it was just our IT team I'd go, but its with entire head office of people that I never speak with. Eh....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Apparently, our Christmas work party is on the 8th. I think I might opt out of it, is that bad? If it was just our IT team I'd go, but its with entire head office of people that I never speak with. Eh....
We have a "mandatory" in office holiday event on the 15th.

They can make me come in, but they can't get me to take off my noise cancelling headphones

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wife was up early today and completed the Christmas shopping online, so that is one less thing I have to do. I am working today and am in the office....it always a good day to come in since nobody is here on Friday, but especially this Friday.

Thanksgiving at our house was nice. Doggo had a blast.
I don't think I have ever worked this Friday in a corporate setting. It's always been a company holiday Thursday and Friday.

This is the first time I've ever taken Monday to Wednesday off and I think it's my new standard.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
ghiradelli brownies are crack.
My sister brought her sourdough brownies. Damn, I've missed those. The wife had never had one, she was blown away and has decided to make a starter now. :rofl:

She said "We just don't eat that much bread " and my sister laid out all the shit Mom used to make that wasn't bread. The pancakes and brownies are what I miss most.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Anyone have AT&T? I am ready to tell Verizon to pack sand.
Due to price? If so then switch to Visible. They’re a Verizon MVNO.

/me is going to drive the girls downtown for a showing of Annie, and will get his concert black suit tailored at Nordstrom while they’re at the show, since it’s too baggy now

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
tempted....i think i pay 62 with tmobile...but i enjoy my coverage out west compared to when i had verizon and i do not plan on buying another phone for three or four years...done doing the yearly upgrade nonsense...

but its in the back of my head.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

/me is going to drive the girls downtown for a showing of Annie, and will get his concert black suit tailored at Nordstrom while they’re at the show, since it’s too baggy now
Price, coverage and general irritation. I received an email how I should upgrade our phones on a black Friday deal. Ours are aging Apples and seem to work fairly poor. Turns out the only free phones are for new customers, not existing. I have been with them 20 years, thus causing my some moderate amount of frustration.

This made me do a quick research project. We could trade our phones, have a similar unlimited plan for $32/month less with AT&T. Considering we are in the sticks I feel I need to stick with either Verizon or AT&T if I want even the slightest amount of coverage.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Verizon or AT&T if I want even the slightest amount of coverage.
at&t coverage was always mid when my brother had it....and not even in the sticks where we are at...

when i had verizon....i never had the coverage i have with tmobile...glad tmobile bought up sprint...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
people who piss and moan about holidays but still take the time off...
There is a guy at work who is loud and proud about being a Jehovah's Witness and loves to proclaim that he doesn't celebrate anything, because Jesus. Yet the dude also never works a single holiday and boy do they sure go on a spending spree every holiday season. But sure Phil, the Lord will be back any day now. :rolleyes:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Price, coverage and general irritation. I received an email how I should upgrade our phones on a black Friday deal. Ours are aging Apples and seem to work fairly poor. Turns out the only free phones are for new customers, not existing. I have been with them 20 years, thus causing my some moderate amount of frustration.

This made me do a quick research project. We could trade our phones, have a similar unlimited plan for $32/month less with AT&T. Considering we are in the sticks I feel I need to stick with either Verizon or AT&T if I want even the slightest amount of coverage.
Check with a neighbour on their coverage where you are. Zero VZ where we are, so I think most are AT&T.

Xfinity uses the VZ network, so whenever we've had an engineer out for cable issues they can't use their connected tablets etc.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
There is a guy at work who is loud and proud about being a Jehovah's Witness and loves to proclaim that he doesn't celebrate anything, because Jesus. Yet the dude also never works a single holiday and boy do they sure go on a spending spree every holiday season. But sure Phil, the Lord will be back any day now. :rolleyes:
go sell crazy somewhere else....

have a aunt and uncle into that....probably because they are cheap.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

also check Boost Mobile's coverage map. not sure which underlying network. since you need new phones they have a promo going with an iPhone 15, maybe even Pro? if you sign up for their $60/mo plan iirc.

Anyone have AT&T? I am ready to tell Verizon to pack sand.
AT&T works well for me.
had pumpkin pie and coffee for breakfast

every day should be the day after

the downward spiral from that highpoint already under way.....
Pumpkin Pie, coffee, fried eggz, &c, &c.

Back from Concord, MA, had a good time with some of my family.